Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.20.4.4 updated

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just anecdotal, but from 2019.20.4.2 I'm noticing a much smoother Autopilot. More gradual acceleration, more gradual braking, and very smooth lane keeping. That, and cars on the UI aren't spinning for me anymore. They'll slide back and forth a little, but I'm not seeing nearly as much spinning as 4.2.

Good update. Thanks for sharing. Was tired of reading about charger adapter enablement, or not!

I have since learned that this change isn't about what software version you're on, but rather if you have HW2 or HW3. It seems that cars with HW3 are the ones that are encoding to H.265/HEVC - several people across different online discussions have confirmed this (although I know the plural of anecdotes is not "data").

Maybe this is the first concrete indicator (besides build date) to determine if you have HW3 or not?

I'd not trust anything anyone told me other than checking your own dashcam/sentry files. H265/HEVC = HW3. H264 = HW2.5.

The video codec version appears to be a good indicator of HW3 without having to take your car apart.

• Informative
Reactions: C141medic
I haven’t driven too much on AP since the update yet, but I have noticed my AWD M3 now manages to now go through a tough intersection I often go through on the way home. I don’t know if it’s just a fluke now, or they made changes. Not sure.

I know autopilot isn’t meant for these intersections yet, but it now manages it anyway.
It’s one where the other side of the intersection is off centre, and it enters from a bend.
Nice to see. :)

• Disagree
  • Informative
Reactions: eab6287 and Mr.F
We were seeing a pretty big drain on 20.4.2, and that has been resolved on 20.4.4.

The same commute of approximately 160 miles starting at 292 yesterday returned home with 92. Updated last night. Today returned with 147 (in line with usual). All other usage being the same.

• Informative
Reactions: jebinc
Got update yesterday and updated from 15.103 to 15.104, not sure when I will catch up.

Had a chat session with Tesla and the rep told that I was on the N-1 version and Engineering pushed a update and rolled it back as they found a but, I am clueless how being on 15.104 is N-1