Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Updating navigation without updating software?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone able to update their navigation without updating their software?

Been on 2022.44.25.3 (ff63b3ae90e). Have zero interest in updating it.

Went to do my daily commute today. Told me to update navigation. From what I always remembered, navigation was always separate to the software and updated in the background. Maybe I'm remembering incorrectly.

Anyway. Tethered the car to my phone and started downloading some 2023 software in hopes that navigation would update in the background. Couldn't finish the download during the 1 hour commute. Canceled at around 98%. Figured if it completed, it would automatically update the car, so didn't wait.

The Navigation Data file is a totally different download and file that happens about once every 9 months. It is listed in the Menu under Software below your car's software version. Also the Navigation Data file will get invisible Delta updates dynamically.

Here is an older pic of mine downloading.

IMG_5918.jpeg

Reactions: Black Dahlia
The Navigation Data file is a totally different download and file that happens about once every 9 months. It is listed in the Menu under Software below your car's software version. Also the Navigation Data file will get invisible Delta updates dynamically.

View attachment 1017586
It is possible that the nav data has a minimum software level requirement that changes from time to time. If additonal fields are added to the database, for example, the car might stop getting new nav data until the software is updated.

Reactions: MP3Mike

View attachment 1017586
That's what I figured. Appreciate that. I did a hard reboot and it fixed it.