Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You are not alone. I ordered M3 LRAWD MSM White interior with FSD, West Drayton collection, ordered on the 22nd October 2019 (I mean yesterday!). :D
Now I will be even happier if I can find two people using my referral code, so I could also be part of the Model Y competition. :rolleyes:
Exact spec I ordered end of July - no VIN or update at all :-(
MSM with White interior doesn't seem to be a common spec

Does anyone in this new batch of deliveries have an appointment before mine? (October 31st)....wondering if this new batch of deliveries will have the built in noise on reversing/slow speeds going forward.

Also as others have mentioned I have a registration assigned so it looks like Tesla are slowly improving :)

So Tesla must have upped their game. Received a phone call today confirming the delivery date and time. I asked them if this was a guaranteed date and he said yes it is. My car is due to arrive there tomorrow (6 days before I pick it up). He also said things have calmed down now after the mad rush for the end of September deliveries so this bodes well for Tesla in general.

Hmm... That's intriguing. Not expecting any cars from new shipments to reach the UK until the 28th when Grand Dahlia is coming to Southampton. Either by "there" they mean "in Europe" or the ship's coming to Southampton first!

Yeah I've been following the other thread about ships arriving so was slightly shocked when they said the car was arriving at the dealership today...maybe he said that to take away any of my concerns...but I feel it's legit since he emailed me half an hour later with the car registration details.

I placed an order Monday 21st and received invoice confirming VIN number about 30 mins after paying deposit:):)

Chased them Tuesday as there was a mess up with trade in value and i couldn't get onto finance application - All sorted over the phone and the guy redid the trade in application (and i got a better value this time round - go figure that one :D:D) Applied for the finance and set back to wait for confirmation with 24 hours (company application - not personal).

Got email and text confirmation Tuesday evening confirming delivery in Dartford on 8th November :p:p:p:D:D:D:D

Chased them this morning (Friday) as still no finance confirmation. Fairly quick response and the woman answering confirmed finance agreed but paperwork would not be issued until the delivery day:confused::confused: Go figure. Are they hiding things ? (Smacks a bit of Boris a bit trying to push his Brexit agreement through in 24 hours)

Then I asked to change my delivery appointment to 16:00 rather than 13:00 as I have work commitments and she drops the bombshell that there isn't a car allocated and that the 8th November isn't happening:mad::mad::mad::mad:

I hit back with VIN details that are on my deposit invoice telling her the only reason I ordered the M3 was because they had stock available and I wasn't going to waiting months for it. Various fob-off attempts and then puts me on hold to check further as I'm close to cancelling the entire thing at this stage:(:(:confused::confused:

She comes back 5 mins later, confirming the car is in Heathrow and has been allocated to me. I stress considering when I live about 2 miles down the road from Dartford centre, I wont be going to Heathrow for it and expect it to be shipped over. She agrees to the change in collection time at Dartford. ;);)

Now I'm wondering if she just agreed to get rid of me or will things fall into place. :eek::eek::eek::eek:

She said final invoicing should be generated in the next few days, which im holding out for before I take my private plate of my trade in and apply for new V5. Very helpful young woman and she dealt with me very professionally agreeing that Tesla's approach to orders this way isn't right, but I'm filled with doubts now as to whether I will be sitting in a new car in 14 days:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

I placed an order Monday 21st and received invoice confirming VIN number about 30 mins after paying deposit:):)

Chased them Tuesday as there was a mess up with trade in value and i couldn't get onto finance application - All sorted over the phone and the guy redid the trade in application (and i got a better value this time round - go figure that one :D:D) Applied for the finance and set back to wait for confirmation with 24 hours (company application - not personal).

Got email and text confirmation Tuesday evening confirming delivery in Dartford on 8th November :p:p:p:D:D:D:D

Chased them this morning (Friday) as still no finance confirmation. Fairly quick response and the woman answering confirmed finance agreed but paperwork would not be issued until the delivery day:confused::confused: Go figure. Are they hiding things ? (Smacks a bit of Boris a bit trying to push his Brexit agreement through in 24 hours)

Then I asked to change my delivery appointment to 16:00 rather than 13:00 as I have work commitments and she drops the bombshell that there isn't a car allocated and that the 8th November isn't happening:mad::mad::mad::mad:

I hit back with VIN details that are on my deposit invoice telling her the only reason I ordered the M3 was because they had stock available and I wasn't going to waiting months for it. Various fob-off attempts and then puts me on hold to check further as I'm close to cancelling the entire thing at this stage:(:(:confused::confused:

She comes back 5 mins later, confirming the car is in Heathrow and has been allocated to me. I stress considering when I live about 2 miles down the road from Dartford centre, I wont be going to Heathrow for it and expect it to be shipped over. She agrees to the change in collection time at Dartford. ;);)

Now I'm wondering if she just agreed to get rid of me or will things fall into place. :eek::eek::eek::eek:

She said final invoicing should be generated in the next few days, which im holding out for before I take my private plate of my trade in and apply for new V5. Very helpful young woman and she dealt with me very professionally agreeing that Tesla's approach to orders this way isn't right, but I'm filled with doubts now as to whether I will be sitting in a new car in 14 days:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
So they let you buy an inventory model even though they told everyone else they aren't for sale? I placed an inventory model order on Sunday night and Tesla cancelled it Monday morning.

So they let you buy an inventory model even though they told everyone else they aren't for sale? I placed an inventory model order on Sunday night and Tesla cancelled it Monday morning.

Dont know why because they had about 50 cars up for grabs on Monday morning. I got an email alert they were available and was on-line selecting my options 07:00 . Crazy that they cancelled you out. I have just checked and they are advertising at least 10 the mo up for grabs..

Dont know why because they had about 50 cars up for grabs on Monday morning. I got an email alert they were available and was on-line selecting my options 07:00 . Crazy that they cancelled you out. I have just checked and they are advertising at least 10 the mo up for grabs..
I just called the Bluewater branch and was told I could amend my order and collect an inventory model 1st week of November. It is slightly different than our original order (added towbar and black instead of msm ), but happy to collect early. Very annoying they cancelled my order on Monday though.

I just called the Bluewater branch and was told I could amend my order and collect an inventory model 1st week of November. It is slightly different than our original order (added towbar and black instead of msm ), but happy to collect early. Very annoying they cancelled my order on Monday though.

Great news. I had a call from Bluewater this afternoon and heading down there to confirm everything today in person hopefully....

Hope it all goes well for you. Who have you been in communication with up to this point? Sales staff at Bluewater?

No, it was all on-line. I have popped into the store a few times for looks and have had a couple of used MS out on test drives as that was the way I was going until i found the new inventory available on Monday. I have been down to Bluewater today and had a M3 performance out for a good run . Got to admit there are a few niggling things I didn't take too and i'm having serious doubts now. Got some serious thinking to do this evening as to what way im going to go.....

No, it was all on-line. I have popped into the store a few times for looks and have had a couple of used MS out on test drives as that was the way I was going until i found the new inventory available on Monday. I have been down to Bluewater today and had a M3 performance out for a good run . Got to admit there are a few niggling things I didn't take too and i'm having serious doubts now. Got some serious thinking to do this evening as to what way im going to go.....

Niggling things? Do expand, doesn’t sound too good.

Niggling things? Do expand, doesn’t sound too good.

Main thing is my left leg just wasn't comfortable . It's like the seating position is off and I wasn't getting supported in the thigh area. I had a similar issue on the Volvo V60 I previously owned and it drove me mad.

I have to look into the settings more but it appeared the only way to activate the wipers was to press the button on the left stalk which activated them for two wipes at a time?? Forgot to ask the sales guys when i got back but there must be some way of turning them on?

And the autopilot gave me a scare a few times;
On an A road doing 50-60 as it sees another car in a serous of S bends and brakes hard. Quite scary and lucky there was nobody else behind. I have had adaptive cruise on my last five cars and am well used to sensors picking up traffic on adjacent lanes and braking (slightly) but never experienced anything like that before.

The car sets the speed limit I think on gps settings (Have to look at the autopilot and fsd settings in more detail) and you see that on the screen as a normal speed sign to the right of the screen but there is a 2nd setting that sits over the car location bit and under the speedometer on the screen that suggests or controls maximum speed. I was on 40 roads and it was setting to 30 automatically and therefore slowing the car and frustrating me. You can adjust it by tapping on the screen but it doesn't appear to stay set at what i want. I didn't get a chance to get back out an a motorway at this stage as I was running late to get back to the Tesla shop, but I like to set my cruise at 80 normally and let it rock up and down depending on the traffic as i stay in behind a car doing the normal speed and then just overtake when I pull out in to the right lane without any footwork from me. I dont have the confidence the M3 is going to let me do that.

The cars that people have been able to buy which are expected in the first few days of November are likely ones coming on Grand Dahlia.
Grand Pioneer is expected in Zeebrugge on the 2nd November. Assuming it takes a couple more days again to get to the UK, and then at least a couple more to reach the collection location, at the earliest it'll be the 6th or 7th November for cars from that ship, I reckon.

Status
Not open for further replies.