Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.28.2 (320fba0)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like if you got the 28.x then your moving up to whatever comes. However most of the fleet is still on 24.4, which leads me to believe that they are doing some really hard testing of something with this update. And it’s not really ready for prime time or the entire fleet. 24.x went thru something similar with a lot of mini updates before the big push.
I have FSD on HW3 - maybe related?

The profile linking functionality is ZERO for me and my wife (iPhone 7 models). It has yet to work one time. We've linked the profiles to the proper phones, rebooted several times and still the profiles auto adjust upon entry or approach to the car. Saw a couple of videos were it was working VERY well for several YouTubers. But that is not the case for us. We've lived without it this long not that big of a deal, but our height differences are extreme (14") so this is a highly desired feature.

The profile linking functionality is ZERO for me and my wife (iPhone 7 models). It has yet to work one time. We've linked the profiles to the proper phones, rebooted several times and still the profiles auto adjust upon entry or approach to the car. Saw a couple of videos were it was working VERY well for several YouTubers. But that is not the case for us. We've lived without it this long not that big of a deal, but our height differences are extreme (14") so this is a highly desired feature.
I recommend updating to the latest Tesla mobile app. I’m sure this has nothing to do with it. But just make sure and give it another shot.

It just doesn't work at all...even the key cards don't make a difference. All profiles have been validated as attached to the proper phones/keys, but nothing.
I've played around with this a bit and haven't been able to get it working correctly, either. I've read that using Easy Access can cause issues, but neither of our profiles use Easy Access.

It would be nice if you could use the Tesla phone app to select the driver profile in advance. My wife is barely 5 feet, and I'm 6'2".

I've played around with this a bit and haven't been able to get it working correctly, either. I've read that using Easy Access can cause issues, but neither of our profiles use Easy Access.

It would be nice if you could use the Tesla phone app to select the driver profile in advance. My wife is barely 5 feet, and I'm 6'2".

Sounds like us too, same heights as well :)

We also don't use the easy entry, I tried to get her to use it so I'd at least be able to get in, but she didn't like it as it put her way to far away to touch anything on entry and too hard to get out.