Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.28.2 (320fba0)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

FWIW mine is a July build with HW3.

FE8788DF-023F-4614-9BBF-82BC0823BB9D.jpeg

Reactions: darth_vad3r
"Off," no??? It has always been on "Advanced".
Does that do anything? Isn’t advanced supposed to lead to faster updates?
Well I don’t know if it does anything, but he said he was hoping to skip this entire update series, so I was wondering if he was turning advanced “off” (back to “standard”?) in hopes of skipping it.

If so, I’d be curious if it worked.

Well I don’t know if it does anything, but he said he was hoping to skip this entire update series, so I was wondering if he was turning advanced “off” (back to “standard”?) in hopes of skipping it.

If so, I’d be curious if it worked.

I figured Tesla already skipped me with the first three 28.x releases, so I won’t see one (why I’m thankful). I will leave “Advance” on to get the next version scheduled for my configuration, early. That’s is assuming that toggle is not a placebo.

Last edited:
I figured Tesla already skipped me with the first three 28.x releases, so I won’t see one (why I’m thankful). I will leave “Advance” on to get the next version scheduled for my configuration, early. That’s is assuming that toggle is not a placebo.

I think advanced increases your odds of getting an earlier dot release, and standard would wait for the most stable latest “dot” release, like say a future 28.4 or 28.5.

... or it’s a placebo :)

Mine picked up 28.3.1 after picking up from the service center today.

Looks like if you got the 28.x then your moving up to whatever comes. However most of the fleet is still on 24.4, which leads me to believe that they are doing some really hard testing of something with this update. And it’s not really ready for prime time or the entire fleet. 24.x went thru something similar with a lot of mini updates before the big push.