Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Guess I missed the whole smart park tweet. Does that mean smart summon combined with auto park?

We don't know for sure. As far as I know, it was the first time we'd ever heard of Smart Park. It's a fair assumption that it could be smart summon + auto park where you get out and the car finds a parking space and parks on its own.

wholly molly, NoA is turning into a beast! 'watched some videos online' of some really aggressive lane changes in heavy traffic across 4 lanes to get to the next interchange...given this was at night where I am always a bit nervous the 'videos' blew me away. V10 has some nuanced improvements to say the least. Not sure if it's new or not, but it also comes up with a notice to say 'hey, I gotta do some crazy stuff to make it over quickly, I might need help...hold on to something'.

• Informative
Reactions: Pilot7478
I guess there are different ways to interpret this tweet from Elon. I took it to mean that Smart Summon would go out with V10.

Elon Musk
✔@elonmusk

Price increase for Tesla FSD postponed until version 10 with smart summon is in wide release, which is about 4 to 8 weeks away, depending on how early access goes
3:59 PM - Aug 20, 2019

Here is how it reads to me:

FSD price increase postponed until Q4 (to be dropped again once a demand lever is required).

It is a reverse demand level to push Q3 sales (price going up soon!). Increasing the price in early Q4 is not a problem because the real sales push is always at the end of the quarter anyway and they can drop it again if they need to.

As for Enhanced Summon, I would not be too surprised if it is out for everyone with EAP or 2019 FSD within Q3 (at least in U.S.). That would allow Tesla to recognize more revenue for the quarterly report.

Last edited: