Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.32.9dO....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Elon said specifically that LDA and ELDA would be coming to AP2 cars a few months ago. I think they just need more time for something with them - maybe to refine it enough to reduce the processor workload so it'll fit.

It is coming right after the MCU2 retrofits and Sentry Mode recording.

After all, AP 2.5 is really just AP 2.1... almost the same... as Tesla said:
The internal name HW 2.5 is an overstatement, and instead it should be called something more like HW 2.1.

Yeah, sure...

Somebody found out that the CPU hog on MCU1 is live traffic. If you disable that on the map, your browser will speed up.
I’d suspected the live traffic was using significant resources based on how long it was taking to draw the amber and red lines. I turned it off and browser performance “felt” improved. I am however having an issue where the browser stops rendering anything. I launch it and it only displays a white page. Rebooting the MCU and waiting 5 minutes for 3G connectivity will fix it but the issue comes back with time.

I’d suspected the live traffic was using significant resources based on how long it was taking to draw the amber and red lines. I turned it off and browser performance “felt” improved. I am however having an issue where the browser stops rendering anything. I launch it and it only displays a white page. Rebooting the MCU and waiting 5 minutes for 3G connectivity will fix it but the issue comes back with time.
A bit off topic, but even with 2019.32.1, you can open Elon's sketchpad to speed up the browser. Yes you read it right. Click on T icon, choose the funny, roadster heading Mars icon, and then play with your browser.