Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.32.9dO....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just received 2019.32.1. I have not driven yet and I will test tomorrow. release notes indicate Lane departure avoidance and Emergency Lane departure avoidance. Also, mentions Wheel Configuration that was mentioned in M3 thread. Here is the release notes:View attachment 450140 View attachment 450141
Must be in wide release.

our
HW2.5 X
HW3 S
Both installed within 5 minutes of each other

I was excited that Model Ss started getting LDA and ELDA until I checked after upgrading to 2019.32.1. I too have an AP2 Model S and did not get the LDA and ELDA. These are 2 safety features that should be on all Tesla models.

Maybe Tesla are doing a gradual roll-out, as they mention in a blog post back on May 2 about LDA & ELDA will be on all cars from AP2.0 (Oct 2016) onwards.

"At Tesla, improving safety is our primary goal, even after a customer purchases their car. That’s why we’re introducing these features beginning today via a free over-the-air software update, starting with Model 3 owners and gradually expanding to all cars that were built after October 2016. This is just another way that we are helping to protect Tesla drivers and passengers, and others on the road, every day."

I was excited that Model Ss started getting LDA and ELDA until I checked after upgrading to 2019.32.1. I too have an AP2 Model S and did not get the LDA and ELDA. These are 2 safety features that should be on all Tesla models.

Well it is never going to be on the pre-AP Teslas. And not likely to be on the AP1 ones either. So it won't be on all Tesla models...

EDIT: Ignore everything I wrote below. I’m smoking crack. No ELDA or LDA on AP2

———————-
Hmmm, I upgraded our AP2 / MCU S last night and swore I had LDA ELDA on there and enabled them, I even warned my wife (primary driver) that they’re active now so watch out when crossing the double yellow to get around the mail truck or trash truck.

We DO have FSD, FWIW, but that’s never meant a thing, so I don’t think it’s relevant.

I’ll be home in about 30 min and will check to confirm/deny I’m not totally crazy.

Is there a chance this is dependent on maps?

Last edited:
Just updated my AP2 X and no mention of them. Seems it’s not yet available on those...
I truly hate to see features, especially safety related, being left behind on HW2 cars already. Some of our more tech savvy members have postulated this would start to happen.

Tesla please do right and make those HW2 cars everything you have promised over and over.....

Reactions: Cirrus MS100D
I truly hate to see features, especially safety related, being left behind on HW2 cars already. Some of our more tech savvy members have postulated this would start to happen.

Tesla please do right and make those HW2 cars everything you have promised over and over.....

Elon said specifically that LDA and ELDA would be coming to AP2 cars a few months ago. I think they just need more time for something with them - maybe to refine it enough to reduce the processor workload so it'll fit.

Last edited:
He said proper sentry mode was coming to AP2 as well...

When? Where? And all it is missing is the recording feature right? (Just like AP2 doesn't have the dashcam feature.)

It is puzzling to me, all LDA and ELDA do is what auto pilot does when it is on. Should be trivial to implement on any of the cars frankly...

Not exactly. It doesn't just maintain your position in the lane, it is making determinations on what the driver is intending to do, and if it thinks the driver is unintentionally going out of the lane it attempts to correct it. So there is more than just AP going on. I don't know why they are rolling it out so slowly, but there is probably a good reason.

When? Where? And all it is missing is the recording feature right? (Just like AP2 doesn't have the dashcam feature.)

Not exactly. It doesn't just maintain your position in the lane, it is making determinations on what the driver is intending to do, and if it thinks the driver is unintentionally going out of the lane it attempts to correct it. So there is more than just AP going on. I don't know why they are rolling it out so slowly, but there is probably a good reason.

Well...you can give Elon latitude, and rope, that he didn't specifically say "With Recording" but then again....I'll leave to to our resident Diplomat

Elon Musk on Twitter

Reactions: am_dmd
After installing 2019.32.1 yesterday, I ran into multiple issues today on a 500 mile trip from Texas to Arkansas.

1. I was not able to stream ABC News. No matter what I did, I kept hearing music playing that I did not select. No matter what I did, I could not get ABC News to play. I finally rebooted the 17" screen and was able to select ABC News and it worked.
  2. I charged at the Italy TX SC today without any issues. When I got to Texarkana, I tried 4 different SCs and I kept getting a flashing dark blue light, followed by a flashing Red light. I rebooted the 17" screen and was able to get the SC to start charging my 2016 S90D. I never saw this issue before on any prior releases.
  3. I got Phantom braking at least 3 times. This was not the slam on the brakes kind as in some previous releases but the car slowed down by at least 5-10 MPH and then speeded back up to the speed set on the Autopilot. This mainly happened with going down a slight hill.

• Informative
Reactions: hiroshiy
I doubt we'll see any new features on AP2.0 hardware now and, to be honest, this time next year the same will ring true for AP2.5

Remember that AP2 is essentially a different car entirely to a Raven HW3 car -- and there were already significant differences from 2.5 cars. I can't imagine the complexity of developing new features on top of safety critical systems and achieving successful validation, plus meeting regulatory requirements, for hardware (cars) that vary so much in configuration. This is probably partly why Tesla consolidated most build options into just a couple of configs for the buyer... but if I think about the differences between my 2017 AP2.0 car, and a 2019 Raven... sheesh, it's almost an entirely different car - different cameras, different radar, different ultrasonics, different MCU architecture, different Autopilot hardware, different steering rack... it's just a totally different set of parts.

So it's not surprising.

I doubt we'll see any new features on AP2.0 hardware now and, to be honest, this time next year the same will ring true for AP2.5

Remember that AP2 is essentially a different car entirely to a Raven HW3 car -- and there were already significant differences from 2.5 cars. I can't imagine the complexity of developing new features on top of safety critical systems and achieving successful validation, plus meeting regulatory requirements, for hardware (cars) that vary so much in configuration. This is probably partly why Tesla consolidated most build options into just a couple of configs for the buyer... but if I think about the differences between my 2017 AP2.0 car, and a 2019 Raven... sheesh, it's almost an entirely different car - different cameras, different radar, different ultrasonics, different MCU architecture, different Autopilot hardware, different steering rack... it's just a totally different set of parts.

So it's not surprising.

It looks like Smart Summon will come to AP2 cars though. People have been getting it in EAP.

So they are still working on it.

Reactions: StefanSarzio