Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.40.50.7 installed on top of itself on Raven Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up a lightly used 2019 Model X Long Range from Tesla in Costa Mesa around a month ago. Came with 2019.32.X.X on it and on a stop at a super charger at Kettleman City on the way home it downloaded 2019.40.50.7.

It's been stuck on this version for the past month and this afternoon I finally got a prompt on my phone that new software was available. I checked and it said that it wanted to install 2019.40.50.7. I went ahead and did the update.. It took 30-40 minutes and when I got back to the car I got the changelog.

Has anybody seen this before? I doubt its normal. I just want to get on to the 2020.4.1 builds!

Yes. Sometimes the system re-images itself with the same version, completely overwriting the old (same) release. They do that in Service Centers too. My car was in. They replaced a hardware component which has older firmware in it (it sat on a shelf). Then re-imaged the car with the same version to update that one component.

I don't think about such things too much. They know what they are doing (is my opinion after owning Tesla's for 6 years).