Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019 Firmware Updates for AP 2.0?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone here with a Model is on AP 2.0 receive any of the 2019 Firmware updates?
I noticed on Tesla Fi that a few Model S's with AP 2.0 received 2019.4 and above but there are no posts anywhere about features that this provides to models with older hardware (late 2016 early 2017).
I am wondering if we are no longer going to get feature updates for our vehicles.

Thank you, so looks like they are taking their time with this set of releases but still adding some features to our somewhat older vehicles. I have my two year maintenance scheduled for next week, I assume they will update my firmware then. I am still so relaxed.

We have 2017 S 75, just got latest 2019.8.2 5c510a7 update. The screen was blank as to what was added. Also we cannot see any pages of the owners manual text only the content lists but no content. Been that way for quite a while, sent email to Tesla with no reply.

We have 2017 S 75, just got latest 2019.8.2 5c510a7 update. The screen was blank as to what was added. Also we cannot see any pages of the owners manual text only the content lists but no content. Been that way for quite a while, sent email to Tesla with no reply.

Our 2017 MS 60 had the same blank screen with one of the 2018.4x updates. Rebooting didn't correct the problem. I found if I scrolled the blank screen, it would display the release notes. I didn't attempt to see if the owner's manual had the same problem. The blank screen problem went away when we got the next update and we have not seen this issue since. We are currently on 2019.8.2 and have Dog Mode & Blind Spot.

Late 2016 s and still stuck on 2018.48.12.1. Not complaining. We have a 3 in the family and it’s getting regular updates. I think theyre focusing their energy on the 3 as it still has some fixes it needs (auto lane changing is still glitchy as it once was on my S but auto lane change in the S is now stable).

Good to see the updates are coming as above just maybe not as fast as they once did. I cant wait to get the stop light detection being mentioned on the 3 forums on the S

Just received 2019.8.3. Blank screen as well, but was able to sort through and find dog mode. Nothing else.
If you haven't had an update since 2018.50.6, you might've also received blind spot warning chime, gps folding mirrors and autosteer stop light warning as shown here: Software Update 2019.8.x

These were all new for us but we didn't know about the stop light warning since the release notes were blank.

If you haven't had an update since 2018.50.6, you might've also received blind spot warning chime, gps folding mirrors and autosteer stop light warning as shown here: Software Update 2019.8.x

These were all new for us but we didn't know about the stop light warning since the release notes were blank.
Yup got all of those. Release noted popped up today.

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
2019.8.3 da116a6 floodgates have opened.

upload_2019-3-27_19-8-53.png

TeslaFi is still showing that only about 17% of AP 2.0 vehicles have received 2019.8.3 as of this post. From some of the posts here it looks like this version may still need some tweaks before they roll it out to the whole fleet. It has definitely gone out widely to AP 2.5 vehicles.

TeslaFi is still showing that only about 17% of AP 2.0 vehicles have received 2019.8.3 as of this post. From some of the posts here it looks like this version may still need some tweaks before they roll it out to the whole fleet. It has definitely gone out widely to AP 2.5 vehicles.
Looks like more instances of Surround View Limited (repeater cam?) issues with AP2.0 being reported in 2019.8.3. But yeah, while roughly 1/3 of the AP2.5+ fleet got .8.3, AP2.0 leveled off sooner, and that difference is statistically significant. For whatever reason they're not releasing it to AP2.0 as quickly.

I posted in the other thread, but I'll just copy and paste into this thread since I'd love to hear from fellow AP2.0 folks (for the record I have service appointment scheduled for 1 Apr to look at this):

I just got the update moving from 2018.50.6 to the 2019.8.3 and after it updated like others mentioned, no release note PLUS now I have an error when I put it into "D" I get the error "Blindspot Detection Limited Visibility..." with the yellow warning triangle. So no cars display to the sides of me.

I've wiped the lens of the side repeater cameras and even the B pillars but to no avail.
ErrorMessages.png

When in Park, no error messages.

Put foot on brake, shift to Drive: Yellow Exclamation on Instrument Panel/Gauge cluster stating "Blindspot Detection Limited, Camera Visibility Reduced". On the MCU screen, there's a red ! mark in a circle. If clicked, it states the same thing but with a Red Triangle.

I had no error messages this morning on the drive into work prior to the update. I decided to have the car update at work while sitting in the parking lot. Came out to go to drive to lunch, and surprise! No more blindspot car images and a warning message on MCU and IP displays.

Also, if autopilot is engaged the error message goes away but it doesn't show cars behind or to the side of you. If you use the turn signal while in autopilot another yellow triangle message displays that auto lane change is not available. This means you'll have to manually disengage autopilot, change lanes, then re-engage. This also obviously means no NOA.

Car is Oct 2016 75D with EAP/FSD AP2.0

ALSO: Phantom braking (brakes for no reason, not predicatable like the occasional overpass or bright sunlight issues) and hesitant performance with cars showing up from on-ramps.

Bottom line, be glad you don't have 2019.8.3 if you're on AP2... it's not like we're even getting Sentry mode for our troubles!

• Informative
Reactions: cybergates