Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019 M3 Autopilot suddenly quit.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ReX91

Jul 11, 2022
AL
Hi guys, i've been doing lots of research here. I've got a 2019 M3.
The past 2-3 months, I have been experiencing a messed up walkaway lock. (works 50% of the time)
And messed up AP/Cruise. (works 50% of time)

Went in for service, replaced seat sensor, and that seemed to fix the walkaway lock.

Next day, all of a sudden, AP no longer works. Also got "Emergency breaking disabled." and noticed the Tesla no longer shows any surroundings.
Cameras I think are fine, shows lines in roads but thats it.

Tried to reset tires, tried to re calibrate cameras, not sure what to do. I have another service booked for 7/22 but I am really disappointed as the car went in for this issue, and came out with the issue worse. The guy even forgot to tighten the seat back on so I had to turn around and get him to finish that. Service ticket said something about "Door pillar being loose, tightened." not a service I asked for or a problem I even noticed.

As far as tesla's service.
I am not allowed to sit and wait, no lobby, and no more mobile service in my area.
1 state away and they give an uber voucher to explore the ghetto while you wait for your car.

Is there anything I could be missing, anything I could try?
Thanks.

Went in for service [...] Next day, all of a sudden, AP no longer works. Also got "Emergency breaking disabled." and noticed the Tesla no longer shows any surroundings.
Cameras I think are fine, shows lines in roads but thats it.

Could be any one of the cameras crapping out, or the front radar on the fritz.
If you setup a new appointment, Tesla SC might be able to diagnose faults remotely. You will still need to wait for the appointment date to get someone to work on the problem, though.

I have another service booked for 7/22 but I am really disappointed as the car went in for this issue, and came out with the issue worse.

Unfortunately, this happens when an automakers increases the fleet of cars on the road, but doesn't scale service infrastructure proportionally.
In my neck of the woods, the wait for a service appointment is 4+ weeks now. Consider yourself lucky that yours is only 11 days.

Is there anything I could be missing, anything I could try?

Next time, take it upon yourself to test the state of the repairs before you drive off too far away.
At least that give you a chance to come back same day, and insist that they continue working on your issues without waiting for the next appointment.

Good luck,
a