Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No Navigation, Camera, Camera

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last Friday on my 2018 M3LR, I noticed that the navigation (doesn't show current position) and cameras stopped working. Car drives fine as well as remote access via the app. When driving, shows speed, but nothing around the car.

I have tried a soft and hard reset, no changes. Scheduled a mobile service appointment.

Anything else I can try?

To do a full reboot, I like also to use the 'tires and wheels' setting, but you will need to do this twice, to get back your original setting.

This might not be the problem, but there was a recall regarding the rear camera cable harness:

So, there are three levels of "rebooting". The first two are in the NA Tesla Model 3 Manual.
  1. Restarting the Touchscreen - Hold down both scroll buttons on the steering wheel until the touchscreen turns black. Despite what the manual says, can be done while driving. This is commonly referred to as a soft reset. ALSO, adding holding down of the brake pedal does NOTHING - it's a myth.
  2. Power Cycling the Vehicle - See manual for details - involves sitting in the car for a couple of minutes. I guess this one could be called a "medium reset."
  3. Tesla Model 3 Hard Reset - as described on the Mountain Pass Performance web site. Not for everyone.

So, there are three levels of "rebooting". The first two are in the NA Tesla Model 3 Manual.
  1. Restarting the Touchscreen - Hold down both scroll buttons on the steering wheel until the touchscreen turns black. Despite what the manual says, can be done while driving. This is commonly referred to as a soft reset. ALSO, adding holding down of the brake pedal does NOTHING - it's a myth.
  2. Power Cycling the Vehicle - See manual for details - involves sitting in the car for a couple of minutes. I guess this one could be called a "medium reset."
  3. Tesla Model 3 Hard Reset - as described on the Mountain Pass Performance web site. Not for everyone.
Thanks, I have done 1. and 2. They moved my mobile service to bring it to the service center next week.