Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019 M3P- "Stealth Performance" white/black 6.5k miles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure I follow. The original owner is the only one who gets to claim the tax credit. Also the lowest price on the stealth models was $49,990 + $1,125 destination + $75 doc fee = $51,190. The value on the car has not dropped for a few reasons, but maybe the biggest is the price of the stealth went up in price by $6k a few months ago. $50k for this car is still a smoking deal when you consider what it is, and I suspect anyone who knows what it is will agree. At any rate, it sold for my full asking price (local sale too), and there were 3 people who were buyers at that price when I listed it on a major national site.

If you bought the car in CA and moved to CO plus the vin hasn't been applied for CO rebate then on a used car sale the person buying is still eligible for CO state tax credit.

Congratulations on the sale, best Model 3 version is stealth IMO.

If you bought the car in CA and moved to CO plus the vin hasn't been applied for CO rebate then on a used car sale the person buying is still eligible for CO state tax credit.

Congratulations on the sale, best Model 3 version is stealth IMO.

Hi there guys. I was the local buyer of this M3P- and am loving it so far! It's been fun to get to know @MTSN a bit as well!

@Murattukaalai , you really think I can claim the Colorado tax credit as the 2nd owner of this car? My understanding is that only original buyers are eligible for the credit. It was licensed in Colorado but original title was surely out of state, Cali I'm thinking. I'm going to try to look into this but am just really skeptical. Beer is on me if you are right though!

Sure doesn't look good to me,

"QUALIFYING MOTOR VEHICLES, TRUCKS, AND CONVERSIONS There are numerous requirements for motor vehicles, trucks, and conversions to qualify for the credit. Electric and plug-in hybrid electric vehicles and trucks must meet all of the following criteria to qualify for the credit.
 For purchases and leases, the motor vehicle or truck must be new and not previously titled or registered in any jurisdiction."

The document goes on to list other requirements for claiming the credit, but at this point this 2019 M3 is not new, it's been titled (out of state), and it has been registered in Colorado.