Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019 M3P Tire Pressure Disparity

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A recent software update appears to have placed a recommended tire pressure notation on the “Service” tab. However, the recommended pressures on screen differ from those on the door pillar sticker. (See attached images)

Does anyone have a bead on what is correct, i.e., stick with original pressures (42 psi F/R for 2019 in my case) or use the newly displayed ones?

Thanks!
6736BAE7-41D4-4471-BBAB-D7162F3A1F11.jpeg
86994210-8843-48BD-9178-B90ACDBF52E2.jpeg

I use 42PSI for my model 3P with the Micheline PS4S tires. Mine still shows a recommended tire pressure of 42 on that screen, as well. You still have factory 20s?

I would recommend checking to see what tire size etc its set to, and possibly changing it to something else and changing it back to the 20s if thats what you have.

I use 42PSI for my model 3P with the Micheline PS4S tires. Mine still shows a recommended tire pressure of 42 on that screen, as well. You still have factory 20s?

I would recommend checking to see what tire size etc its set to, and possibly changing it to something else and changing it back to the 20s if thats what you have.
I still have original 20” wheels and Michelin PS 4S 235/35-20 tires. Will check what tires/wheels are ‘recognized’ by the car and proceed accordingly.

@capnjack52 That 45 PSI / 46 PSI cold recommendation on the screen is strange. That's much too high IMO, unless you only care about efficiency at the expense of uneven tire wear and poor grip. The display shows 42 PSI cold recommendation on my 2021 M3P, which matches its door sticker.

I would file a service ticket asking why the display recommendation differs from your door sticker, because that seems like a mistake/bug.

Even the real door sticker number of 42 PSI cold feels a little high to me, I prefer 39 PSI cold, but 42 PSI cold is a reasonable tradeoff for casual drivers favoring efficiency over grip/performance without causing really uneven tire wear.