Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best tire pressure for max grip on street

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2023 M3P with stock Pirellis:
What is the best PSI for spirited driving on the street? The factory recommended 42 psi seems too high since it climbs to 45-46 when warm. Taking a hit on range is fine with me. My biggest concern is uneven tire wear if I drop the tire pressure too much.
Anyone with real world experience?

Ok so 38 psi cold is the way to go for max grip? Is there a thread with the best alignment specs for spirited driving on the street?
42psi really has more to do with load rating and efficiency.
38 is closer to where you'd want to be for performance. But even at that, there's no one pressure that's best.

For alignment, max negative camber, whatever that is for your car, and zero toe. Unless you are ultra competitive at autox or track, that recommendation would still be the same if you've dumped thousands into your suspension.

Reactions: TimTam and XPsionic
Thanks!
Have you heard of the successor to the 4S?

Sorry to get off topic. My car is only a week old and I’m already planning my next set of tires. I wonder how wide I can go on my stock set up 20x9

Thanks!
Have you heard of the successor to the 4S?

Sorry to get off topic. My car is only a week old and I’m already planning my next set of tires. I wonder how wide I can go on my stock set up 20x9
Those tires only exist on paper in the US as far as I can tell.