Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019 Model 3 Performance (Matte Grey) for Sale with FSD and HW3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First of all my asking price is $64,980
I calculated the depreciation of 10% for the first 4 months, I understand it can go to 15% over a year.
New car same configuration with black seats and FSD with tax would come out to $67,880.
Take 10% off plus $0.08/mile depreciation of 5800 miles.
Now it's at $60,628.

I have a full XPEL Stealth PPF which turns the Midnight Silver Metallic paint into a matte grey sparkle. You must see the sparkles in person, truly transforms the car. The film, ceramic coating, and paint correction is $7800 because it is mostly hand cut. Wrapped in first week and kept waxing the car and didn't take freeways, so not a single scratch under the film. The center console is wrapped matte grey with vinyl to match the exterior, wasn't too much to do this. I did not do a chrome delete, because in my opinion the chrome contrasts well with matte grey color. May look better on a matte black for all stealth look. I understand some of it is labor, but I'm not going to give it for free. I took off $2000 for what would be labor. Which is how I got my asking price which I believe is fair.
Also for those who say you can get a new car for $62,990 or talk about incentives, there is tax, at least in California. Plus the CA incentive has a long wait list due to surge in electric car sales, and especially longer if you require income verification.

FINALLY... Let's get on with the car, it is a 2019 Model 3 LR Dual Motor Performance. I have the Performance Upgrade Package and was able to get spoiler and dual motor badging.
Has FSD and HW3
As already mentioned Matte Grey with Matte Grey Center Console to match.
Black Interior in Good Condition.
I will post more photos in the daytime. The current photo has no ceramic coating installed on the car.
Car has never done HPDE events and tires are good.
Reason for Sale: Got another car so it's a little easier to not have this payment.
IMG_1320.jpeg

• Funny
Reactions: PhaseWhite
It doesn't make sense that you calculate the sales tax in your used car pricing. The new owner will have to pay tax in his/her state. Sad fact is that a new one does cost $62,990 now minus the 10% you mention is a little over $56k... quite far from your $65k asking price, even with the fancy paint correction and ppf which may or may not be worth that much for a potential buyer.

A very similar car was listed on onlyusedtesla for 55k. Not sure what it actually sold for but I’m guessing somewhere in the 50-55k range. Also not sure if it had FSD. I’m on the market for a used 3 performance. Certainly the work you did was expensive and looks good. I would be interested at the right price point...might be closer if you weren’t calculating tax into your price.

Last edited:
Love the wrap / car color!
Think Telsa should have offered a matte medium grey like this.

Price definitely seems too high, unfortunately the amount you paid is not relevant when selling, only the current cost new is.
Taxes get charged on new or used.
The Federal rebate, now only $1875 still applies on new and no question marks with it unlike the CA rebate.

You also must realize not every buyer thinks FSD is a worthwhile $6K upgrade so you need a buyer that is willing to pay basically full price for the wrap & full price for FSD. You might get lucky and someone is willing to pay for this exact combo but I think you will be need to wait a long time to find a match.

Just to be clear, I don’t own the car. Not in full cash. Unless someone is willing to finance the car with the bank for a fair and help pay the difference in cash to close the loan, I can’t actually do it even if I want. Just an FYI to all those who think I’m trying to make a few thousand dollars extra profit from aftermarket upgrades.

Just to be clear, I don’t own the car. Not in full cash. Unless someone is willing to finance the car with the bank for a fair and help pay the difference in cash to close the loan, I can’t actually do it even if I want. Just an FYI to all those who think I’m trying to make a few thousand dollars extra profit from aftermarket upgrades.
Cool keep making those payments then.

Reactions: Renesh0241
I understand my initial price was unfair to others, which I why I will drop it to 60k. May still be high in others opinion. But much better than 64k.

This may or may not give you perspective....I know a lot of people on these forums will get mad if someone comments or posts if they aren't buying the car. There seems to be a lot of people commenting that aren't looking and can't afford one...I've tried to purchase 1 time and it was a car very similar to yours but a slightly darker wrap. I was listed for 55k but was sold when I reached out to the owner (I'm not sure what it sold for).

1. I'm a cash buyer and by that, I don't mean I have 40k in cash so I can't really afford this. I mean I can actually buy this car in cash.
2. I'm actively looking for a model 3 performance.

That being said, I would not consider this car at the current price. You may find someone that will but not likely on this forum so hopefully you have it listed locally.

There is a reason for the question but do you have the title? Absolutely Love your car!:D

This is an underrated question. I sold my car and had to have the buyer pay off the loan. It all worked out in the end, but required A LOT of phone calls, one with both of us on the line at the same time. I think he finally might be getting the title after a couple of months, but there still may be additional steps needed to sort it all out.

This is an underrated question. I sold my car and had to have the buyer pay off the loan. It all worked out in the end, but required A LOT of phone calls, one with both of us on the line at the same time. I think he finally might be getting the title after a couple of months, but there still may be additional steps needed to sort it all out.
Yupp been there done that, some folks don't understand that process and tend to shy away when they are told they won't have the title immediately. However there is another reason why I asked and will say it has to do with sales tax;)