Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019 Model X - Keep/Sell/Warranty?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been thinking the same for the past 6 months. But nothing fits the gap for what I need when you consider selling the X. With that said I have 94k miles on a 2016 90D.

I got Xcare in Jan 2022. Since then it has more than paid for itself. AC compressor, battery heater, MCU2, front door handles/latches, driver side mirror w/ LTC cable, FWD sensors both sides with driver side multiple times, both half shafts, driver side control arm, and little trim or issues I can’t remember. Most covered by the warranty. I’ve calculated at least $10k in repairs. I’ve paid the $150 deductible for each repair.

If you can find a newer X or new X, I’d recommend that and if you want to keep the X then definitely get an extended warranty.

Good luck, as I said I think I am at where you are when assessing alternative vehicles apples/apples (size, performance, safety etc)
You got MCU2 under a third party warranty? How did you word the service request for that to be accepted?
I assumed since it’s essentially optional and Tesla describes it as an “infotainment upgrade” the company would pick it out as excluded.