Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020.12.6 Autopilot Max Speed Limit change?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I got the 2020.12.6 update overnight. Was super stoked. But I noticed that when I engage Autopilot while the Traffic Light and Stop Control is enabled, the maximum speed limit of autopilot is now the actual speed limit, not 5 miles over.

I verified it by disabling the new Stop Light feature and maximum speed limit goes back to +5 over speed limit.

Does anyone know if this will be a permanent thing? I get that they want to make sure it's as safe as can be, but I'm not sure how much I'll use autopilot at the exact speed limit (I live in a rural area and along stretched where I do drive at +5).

Thanks.

• Disagree
Reactions: lUtriaNt
I did not see that limitation on 12.6, and now I am on 12.10 and still see no change. There are several places around here that let me do the 5 mph over thing. Maybe some other setting in your car?

None that I've found. I've never been limited before - I've always been able to go 5 over everywhere I've driven.

I enabled the beta feature - speed limit max is exactly the speed limit, 0 over. Disable the beta feature - speed limit max is 5 over speed limit.

No other changes.

errrrr
not wishing to point out the obvious, but from the release notes and "enable" notes that appear before you enable the feature. . .
"Note: When this feature is enabled, the maximum set speed while using Autosteer is limited to the speed limit of the road"

Working as designed
Sometimes I need the obvious pointed out! Thanks! Guess I should have read them a little closer.... lesson learned!