Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just installed 2020.36.11 on my Y. Now my Tesla App needs to be open to unlock the car. Before the update I did not have to have the app open to get the car to unlock.
I have background app refresh on and location always.

Any suggestions?

That's odd. The phone and car communicate via bluetooth and not the app. You should see a connection (in your bluetooth setting) to your car constantly as long as it is in range.

With that said, I am still on 36.4.

Last edited:
The app needs to be open, even if it’s just sitting in the background to open the car unless you’re using a key card/Tesla ring (cnick)/Apple Watch. It’s been like that for ages.

Reboot your car and that will help, I suggest you reboot after every update btw. To reboot for those who don’t know, press and hold both steering wheel buttons until the screen turns black. Our Y seems to still need the brake pedal, YMMV as my 3 doesn’t require the brake pedal anymore

Lost Auto Pilot these last few days, it’s intermittent like on the first leg it works but coming back it doesn’t work, placing the car in Park and rebooting it doesn’t help it. Hoping this update 36.11 which I am downloading now will fix it.

Fred

B9940D08-F023-4D53-86EE-241717D3C100.jpeg