Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging On It's Own

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Resist

Mar 24, 2019
California
Recently had a situation where my car was charging to 80%, I caught it at 79%. I always keep my car at 50% on the app. Odd that it charged on it's own. I didn't accidentally hit the Tesla app to make this happen but it did get an app update earlier, so I have to wonder if that caused this issue. Never had this happen before. I don't drive my car daily and is why I kept it at a 50% state of charge. The app normally tells me when it's charging, but I didn't even get a notification about it except when I stopped the charging. Has anyone heard of this happening before?

Recently had a situation where my car was charging to 80%, I caught it at 79%. I always keep my car at 50% on the app. Odd that it charged on it's own. I didn't accidentally hit the Tesla app to make this happen but it did get an app update earlier, so I have to wonder if that caused this issue. Never had this happen before. I don't drive my car daily and is why I kept it at a 50% state of charge. The app normally tells me when it's charging, but I didn't even get a notification about it except when I stopped the charging. Has anyone heard of this happening before?
I've seen cases where adding an additional driver to the car causes the default charge limit to go to 80%

There have been a couple of recent reports of non-driving aspects of the cars behaving badly, associated with bad or missing cell coverage. There have also been recent reports of losing cell coverage in parts of California.
Not sure what that has to do with what I posted. But my situation happened while I was in my house and the car was in the garage and I've never had a connection issue with my phone and car while at my house. I'm also the only person assigned to this car.