Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020.36 software update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Drove 36.11 and I like it.
First and most critical, Beach Buggy Racing still works!!! :)
It handles curves much better. A slight slowdown but fairly gentle.
It now recognizes signs in crosswalks as a orange cone not as a person and doesn't try to stop. Big improvement.
However, my phone was no longer registers as a key and I had to go through that process again which admittedly only took 2 minutes.
Sadly, it does not coast up to stop lights or stop signs yet. That would be a very nice addition.
Overall seems to be a nice improvement.

Reactions: LowlyOilBurner
Just upgraded to .11. Will be interested when I head out later any AP improvements. I don't have FSD, and by the update notes, it seemed like a minor update. Since I was a pre-$3K drop buyer (by 3 weeks!), I'm not lining up for the additional $4K to get NoAP, Summon, etc., so I'm hoping the 'quantum-leap' update to AP/FSD in the next major release help out those of us who are OK with having only standard AP.

Today was the first time I've had a chance to try out 2020.36.11. The self driving is so much smoother,, almost human-like. The stops, acceleration from a traffic light, and the slowing-down response to a car crossing the lane in front of the car is highly improved.

I got updated to 2020.36.12. The improvements are small but very welcome. Autopilot seems much smoother and friendlier. I did have a very random abrupt stop on a tollway going 70. AP slammed the breaks for no reason. Fortunately, I was able to accelerate it back up before causing a pileup behind me.

not telling the wife about this one

I got updated to 2020.36.12. The improvements are small but very welcome. Autopilot seems much smoother and friendlier. I did have a very random abrupt stop on a tollway going 70. AP slammed the breaks for no reason. Fortunately, I was able to accelerate it back up before causing a pileup behind me.

not telling the wife about this one
This is why I haven't yet trusted AP, I'm old school that way.

Lol on not telling the wife, wise call. As they say, what happens in the tesla stays in the tesla. :)

This is why I haven't yet trusted AP, I'm old school that way.

Lol on not telling the wife, wise call. As they say, what happens in the tesla stays in the tesla. :)

After the one abrupt stop, everything has been smooth sailing. I have a service appt scheduled this week and will be letting them know about it.

the wife was freaking out when the car was driving on AP the first time...the panic over something like this would result in “never again.” Which can’t happen because FSD is an upgrade around the corner for me

After the one abrupt stop, everything has been smooth sailing. I have a service appt scheduled this week and will be letting them know about it.

the wife was freaking out when the car was driving on AP the first time...the panic over something like this would result in “never again.” Which can’t happen because FSD is an upgrade around the corner for me
It’s a learning curve. Use Autopilot on just expressways until you are more used to its behaviors. Then add major well painted highways. City driving is too complex to learn autopilot.

it takes a few hours of exposure to learn how to safety use autopilot.

Anyone else lose their TACC follow distance adjustment in the Autopilot menu? It still works from the steering wheel control but it’s disappeared from the settings screen. I have 36.11.

Attachments

• 3234690E-8FEF-4542-ABA2-DAC4442783BE.jpeg
    3234690E-8FEF-4542-ABA2-DAC4442783BE.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 59