Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020.40.3 and Regen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After upgrading to 2020.40.3, I feel a difference in the way regen acts. Is anyone else feeling a difference? I felt that the regen is less than I expect it to be in some situations and sometimes it starts with less regen when I lift off and then increased regen right after. I always have my SOC < 80% and I didn't do a manual reboot after the upgrade.

I have noticed a similar thing but it was happening before the 2020.40.3 upgrade. I have had several occasions where i have taken my foot completely off the throttle coming up to a stop sign expecting to slow in time and the car seems to just keep rolling as if in neutral. Like you I charge to max of 80% and I'm in Arizona so a cold battery doesn't seem to the the reason either. I haven't tried a reboot yet.

I have NOTICED it does this while in FSD; after applying the brake, it takes a couple of seconds before the regen begins. When I'm not in FSD, and I lift my foot from the accelerator, regen begins immediately.

After upgrading to 2020.40.3, I feel a difference in the way regen acts. Is anyone else feeling a difference? I felt that the regen is less than I expect it to be in some situations and sometimes it starts with less regen when I lift off and then increased regen right after. I always have my SOC < 80% and I didn't do a manual reboot after the upgrade.

Yes, I experience the same thing. Although, I believe my MY was doing this prior to the 2020.40.3 update, I think I had 2020.31.11? and it exhibited the same behavior. I've actually been playing with it to see if there was something different I was doing to get (what feels like) the maximum regen sometimes, and much less than maximum other times.