Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I dunno if I’m behind and this has gone out already, but I’m in love with the first portion of the update.

Attachments

• 9282DB28-3322-4AEA-BC8C-05B9E555D2D2.jpeg
    9282DB28-3322-4AEA-BC8C-05B9E555D2D2.jpeg
    513.7 KB · Views: 182
Coming from 2020.4.1 I got the notification tonight. But if I launch the installation it somehow fails after the 2-min countdown.
I tried already several times and I'm back at the screen "Install now".

Anybody experiencing the same? Any hint to make it work?

Coming from 2020.4.1 I got the notification tonight. But if I launch the installation it somehow fails after the 2-min countdown.

FWIW, I reply yo myself. The IC computer was down (long inactivity due to coronavirus lockdown), I restarted it using the long press of buttons below the scrolls, then relaunched the install via the app and it finally worked.

I found I had to disable "Sentry Mode". After I just did the update last night all was fine. Remember to turn the "Sentry Mode" back on in (Settings >Controls) after the software update.

As far as I am concerned, everything worked out fine.

Just a small lag between the 100% download and the actual installation process.

This version brings minor improvements to the previous 2020.8.1, namely a better voice recognition, some additional interface languages and expanded access to non-Tesla charging stations (which where introduced in the 8.1).

Mine does not have sentry mode so I cannot say if this could cause a problem.

Good luck to all