Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Gloss Door Panel to 2021 Matte Swap?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wife just took delivery of a Model Y with the new console and matte switchgear and trim on the door panels. I have a 2020 Model 3 with the glass switchgear and trim. I have tried wraps but the door trim is very difficult to get right so I have given up. I was wondering if we could just swap door panels between 2020 and 2021 or if they are different due to the new laminated glass. On the model Y they sold cars with laminated glass and the old console so I’d assume the old door panels work with both windows. On the parts catalog I see -91-k and -91-l listed and an eBay search shows -91-k parts available with the glossy trim from 2020 vehicles so I wouldn’t think this part is from a car with laminated glass. Does anyone know if the matte door panels are interchangeable with the glossy ones? I’d love to swap out the glossy door panel trim pieces. My memory doesn’t quite recall if the M3 switch was all at once or in stages like the MY (windows and heated steering wheel came a couple months before the center console).