Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 M3 LR MSM Price dropped?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It appears after rechecking the Tesla site that my specs show it dropped by $800. Previously $50790 now $49990.

1. Can anyone confirm what I’m seeing?
2. My delivery day is 12/28, can I get it adjusted to the lower price?

TIA, first post and first Tesla! :)

Reactions: Celeritas
Yes, it looks like they dropped the base price of the car (with white paint) from $49,990 to $48,990. However, cars listed on the existing inventory site show the $49,990 base price. So it may be that the $1,000 price drop reflects the pricing if you place a new order and take delivery next year after the federal tax credit goes away.

Reactions: ZappCatt
If this is true, it aligns with what I was thinking (and posting here on a few threads) about everyone talking about "price drops after the holidays". They raised the price twice since October, if memory serves me correctly, so this would just be a return to the pre October pricing, but would be Heralded by quite a few saying "See I told you there would be a price drop".

Retail 101 at its finest... raise the price prior to a "sale" because a lot of people wont remember the original price, but everyone remembers a price "drop".

=====================
2020 Price Drop? [Speculation]

On thread topic, since tesla just raised pricing in the last quarter, and people seem to have forgotten about it already, they can "lower pricing" to simply put it back where it was before the 4th quarter. Someone else mentioned this in this thread I believe. My personal belief is that we will see a 1k price drop, near the end of January, beginning of February. When this happens, I want everyone to remember that this is actually not a price cut, its just putting pricing back closer to pre quarter 4 pricing.

If this is true, it aligns with what I was thinking (and posting here on a few threads) about everyone talking about "price drops after the holidays". They raised the price twice since October, if memory serves me correctly, so this would just be a return to the pre October pricing, but would be Heralded by quite a few saying "See I told you there would be a price drop".

Retail 101 at its finest... raise the price prior to a "sale" because a lot of people wont remember the original price, but everyone remembers a price "drop".

=====================
2020 Price Drop? [Speculation]

But it’s interesting that they dropped the price this week while people are still awaiting deliveries. How many people are now going to ask Tesla to reprice their cars because the new order price is now $1,000 lower? And what communication went out to the sales team to prepare them on how to respond to this question.

Looks like Performance models also dropped by $1,000. SR+ shows a base price of $39,990 - I think that’s the same price as yesterday.

• Funny
Reactions: Clh79
On thread topic, since tesla just raised pricing in the last quarter, and people seem to have forgotten about it already, they can "lower pricing" to simply put it back where it was before the 4th quarter. Someone else mentioned this in this thread I believe. My personal belief is that we will see a 1k price drop, near the end of January, beginning of February. When this happens, I want everyone to remember that this is actually not a price cut, its just putting pricing back closer to pre quarter 4 pricing.
But it’s interesting that they dropped the price this week while people are still awaiting deliveries. How many people are now going to ask Tesla to reprice their cars because the new order price is now $1,000 lower? And what communication went out to the sales team to prepare them on how to respond to this question.

Looks like Performance models also dropped by $1,000. SR+ shows a base price of $39,990 - I think that’s the same price as yesterday.

Wouldnt many of those people be locked in at pre price raise pricing anyway? There are going to be those who reserved in late november / early december, but I wonder how many people that is, who will still take delivery this year?

(rhetorical question)

I know I am going to. I haven’t received the vehicle yet.

On the configurator page, right hand side, if I select "Purchase Price", it shows $48,990.

But at the bottom of the screen on the left hand side it shows $49,990.

My inventory order last week (same spec) was listed at $48,990.

$35,000 for the base car plus $13,990 for LR AWD.

So for my spec, the price is either the same as last week or $1,000 higher depending on which of the two different prices on the website is correct.

Last edited:
On the configurator page, right hand side, if I select "Purchase Price", it shows $48,990.

But at the bottom of the screen on the left hand side it shows $49,990.

My inventory order last week (same spec) was listed at $48,990.

$35,000 for the base car plus $13,990 for LR AWD.

So for my spec, the price is either the same as last week or $1,000 higher depending on which of the two different prices on the website is correct.

I'm not following this. You are not seeing a $1,000 price difference between an inventory car and a new custom order? I'm seeing a white AWD custom order is $48,990 but if I select an existing inventory car with the same spec it is $49,990.

I'm not following this. You are not seeing a $1,000 price difference between an inventory car and a new custom order? I'm seeing a white AWD custom order is $48,990 but if I select an existing inventory car with the same spec it is $49,990.

Not sure about inventory today because the cheapest ones I see are $51,490 with the 19" wheels.

My point is, there are currently two different prices on the main configuration page.. $48,990 and $49,990. That's for a LR AWD with zero options.

As far as I know, it has been $48,990 for a while so it's either increased by $1,000 or it's still the same depending on which number is correct.

If you're seeing the same spec in inventory for $49,990 then that suggests the prices has +increased+ by $1,000.

Not sure about inventory today because the cheapest ones I see are $51,490 with the 19" wheels.

My point is, there are currently two different prices on the main configuration page.. $48,990 and $49,990. That's for a LR AWD with zero options.

As far as I know, it has been $48,990 for a while so it's either increased by $1,000 or it's still the same depending on which number is correct.

If you're seeing the same spec in inventory for $49,990 then that suggests the prices has +increased+ by $1,000.

Are you seeing something different than this?
7BD4967D-4486-4FE2-B9A4-983D9D37D182.png

Here’s what I’m seeing. I’m hoping this isn’t in error. It’d be a nice holiday gift to get a Tesla and $800 back that I wasn’t expecting.

one pic is on the site, other is my car I’m about to receive, all options are the same.

I just refreshed the page again and now it shows $48,990 in both places.
So I don't think there has been any change in the base price of the car or the LR AWD option. At least not since a week ago when I ordered mine.
Maybe some of the options have changed in price.