Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Model 3 Dual Motor A/C Noise

heapz

Mar 24, 2021
Pennsylvania
Hey all,

I have a 2020 Model 3 Dual Motor and i’ve been noticing a weird noise coming from the fans? It’s been getting warmer out/ more humid in Pennsylvania lately, so i’ve been using the A/C for a bit now. Lately, I’ve been hearing this weird noise coming from the fans when I have the A/C on full blast and I wanted to know if I should be concerned. 2020 Model 3 Dual Motor A/C Noise

alexgr

Aug 13, 2019
Tulsa
Hey all,

I have a 2020 Model 3 Dual Motor and i’ve been noticing a weird noise coming from the fans? It’s been getting warmer out/ more humid in Pennsylvania lately, so i’ve been using the A/C for a bit now. Lately, I’ve been hearing this weird noise coming from the fans when I have the A/C on full blast and I wanted to know if I should be concerned. 2020 Model 3 Dual Motor A/C Noise
It sounds normal to me, especially for warmer weather. My car often does something, I guess, with the battery, that requires fans to run like in your case.

heapz

Mar 24, 2021
Pennsylvania
It sounds normal to me, especially for warmer weather. My car often does something, I guess, with the battery, that requires fans to run like in your case.
I forgot to mention that when I turn the A/C on tot full blast, it will like rev up and vibrate. When I turn the A/C down it’s not as bad, when I turn it off it stops.

alexgr

Aug 13, 2019
Tulsa
I forgot to mention that when I turn the A/C on tot full blast, it will like rev up and vibrate. When I turn the A/C down it’s not as bad, when I turn it off it stops.
I don't think vibrations are normal. Your M3 has no heat pump, right? Frankly, I never needed to turn on A/C and fans at max, so I don't know if anything makes vibrations. My ICE cars, however, make plenty on noise and vibrations when running an A/C in hot weather. Again, from your video, the sound doesn't seem abnormal to me.

heapz

Mar 24, 2021
Pennsylvania
I don't think vibrations are normal. Your M3 has no heat pump, right? Frankly, I never needed to turn on A/C and fans at max, so I don't know if anything makes vibrations. My ICE cars, however, make plenty on noise and vibrations when running an A/C in hot weather. Again, from your video, the sound doesn't seem abnormal to me.
I do not have the pump and I might have just never noticed that it made a noise before.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC