Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Model 3 Dual Motor A/C Noise

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all,

I have a 2020 Model 3 Dual Motor and i’ve been noticing a weird noise coming from the fans? It’s been getting warmer out/ more humid in Pennsylvania lately, so i’ve been using the A/C for a bit now. Lately, I’ve been hearing this weird noise coming from the fans when I have the A/C on full blast and I wanted to know if I should be concerned. 2020 Model 3 Dual Motor A/C Noise

Hey all,

I have a 2020 Model 3 Dual Motor and i’ve been noticing a weird noise coming from the fans? It’s been getting warmer out/ more humid in Pennsylvania lately, so i’ve been using the A/C for a bit now. Lately, I’ve been hearing this weird noise coming from the fans when I have the A/C on full blast and I wanted to know if I should be concerned. 2020 Model 3 Dual Motor A/C Noise
It sounds normal to me, especially for warmer weather. My car often does something, I guess, with the battery, that requires fans to run like in your case.

I forgot to mention that when I turn the A/C on tot full blast, it will like rev up and vibrate. When I turn the A/C down it’s not as bad, when I turn it off it stops.
I don't think vibrations are normal. Your M3 has no heat pump, right? Frankly, I never needed to turn on A/C and fans at max, so I don't know if anything makes vibrations. My ICE cars, however, make plenty on noise and vibrations when running an A/C in hot weather. Again, from your video, the sound doesn't seem abnormal to me.

I don't think vibrations are normal. Your M3 has no heat pump, right? Frankly, I never needed to turn on A/C and fans at max, so I don't know if anything makes vibrations. My ICE cars, however, make plenty on noise and vibrations when running an A/C in hot weather. Again, from your video, the sound doesn't seem abnormal to me.
I do not have the pump and I might have just never noticed that it made a noise before.