Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Model 3 Performance Rivet popped out of rear bumper.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all. I was on the highway and I heard a loud thump from the rear of my 2020 Model 3 Performance. I was confused because I hadn't gone over any bump or dip in the road. Turns out a rivet popped out of the rear driver side bumper. I can't get in for service for two weeks. Has anybody experienced this? I heard about these rivets popping out after going through standing water because of an acknowledged design flaw but I was on smooth dry road when it happened. It really sounded like that rivet exploded out of the chassis. That thump was loud. Am I in danger of that bumper falling off if I keep driving till service? It feels like the bumper is solidly in place when I try to force that gap closed. Any info or advice is much appreciated.
Resized_20240601_110849.jpg
Resized_20240601_110901.jpg
Resized_20240601_110854.jpg

Not sure what the cost is, might be covered under warranty? Super easy to fix.
I have the service appt set for the 25th. Their message is making it sound like it might be a huge deal. They're talking about loaner vehicles and 10 days to order parts and coordinating with my insurance. I'm hoping once they put eyes on it it'll be as simple as it seems - i.e. not having to replace the entire bumper cover. Thanks again for the input!

I have the service appt set for the 25th. Their message is making it sound like it might be a huge deal. They're talking about loaner vehicles and 10 days to order parts and coordinating with my insurance. I'm hoping once they put eyes on it it'll be as simple as it seems - i.e. not having to replace the entire bumper cover. Thanks again for the input!

Really? That's hilarious I did all 6 of my front sensors (custom front fascia) in about 2 hours including removal, installing brackets and reassembly.

That 1 looks like you could get to it from the liner...or worst case removal of bumper cover.