Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Model 3 Wireless charger removal

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi!

I recently got a 2020 M3 and it comes with the Tesla wireless phone charger. Unfortunately, for the lack of better words, I find it lacking. It’s slow and inconsistent with iPhone cases.

Has anyone removed the the 2020 Tesla charger and replaced it with a Jeda V3? Removal doesn’t seem as straight forward as just lifting up as the old style pad as I see in the videos. Is there a trick to removal as I fear trying to force it and risk breaking something.

Thanks!

William

Pics please, just for reference if you would :) - curious to see how it fits in vs the original w/usb outlets
thanks

Will do! I’m supposed to get USB Type-C to 2x USB splitter in about a day. My M3 (post 06/2020) has 1x USB-C and 1x USB. The USB has my Sentry Mode thumb drive. The new Jeda Hub is not out yet for Model Y / Model 3s made after 06/2020.

Anyway, I can give you a better and a more accurate idea of how it all works and fits once I get the splitter.

Reactions: Msjulie
As promised, pics of the Jeda V3 Charger swap. Reverse order if you will. Top pic is the Jeda USB cables to the splitter I got. 2x USB to USB Type-c splitter. Second pic is of the Jeda V3 Charger in place. 3rd pic shows the trim piece sliding to the left in order to remove stock Tesla wireless charger.

I’m happy to report that the Jeda Charger works with my old case. Which is an Otterbox Lumen slim case for iPhone 11 Pro Max. The inconsistency came where my Wife who has the smaller iPhone 11 but SAME case worked with Tesla’s charger, but mine didn’t. I had to resort to a thinner case which I was not comfortable with. Not to mention it was very slippery.

The USB splitter meets the needs at the moment but will be getting the new Jeda Hub for a cleaner look.

I cannot yet comment on the speed of charging as I just got everything up and running. Hopefully a little faster.

7BF95FFA-A098-4E74-82F9-168C24491EBF.jpeg
788A158D-99EB-4936-9CCE-C44428ED9C96.jpeg
6C60140C-7CE2-4053-8318-3273AD0D8C48.jpeg

Reactions: Msjulie and Phlier
@wrz0170 Those pictures lead me to believe that you could remove Tesla's wireless charging pad and revert to hard wire like previous Model 3, true? Thanks for pics!

You’re welcome! Unfortunately, I’m not sure how pre-2020 Model 3’s we’re configured. From some of the videos I went through, it looked like a pad in which you lifted out and placed a new charger in. My Jeda Charger V3 did come with a spacer and according to Jeda, it will allow an OEM wired option. Hope that helps!

Reactions: Msjulie