Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Model Y PUP w 1” drop springs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
upload_2020-11-26_22-38-24.jpeg

Ugh. Hope this works now.

Looks real good. Watch out for those parking curbs! I know I do

Anymore pics of your Y? From the side front and side rear

I also have UP springs (milds) on my 3. Handles as good as a sports car

I’ve got 1” drop springs for all my cars... not lowered necessarily - but sportier.

My 2000 VW Golf TDI sits on H&R cup kit and my 2008 Mazda5 is on MazdaSpeed3 springs.

The look is perfect IMO. The ride is a bit more firm, but I like it especially due the performance of the ModelY Performance.

When I first ordered the car, I knew it would be a matter of time till lowered it, and almost immediately I found the UP springs.... and my wife knew that was my first major mod. Of course then I blacked out all my emblems and tinted the front windows. Next will be headlights, to de-chrome the insides... and I’ve done that before as well, but I’m nervous to crack open these headlights for some reason.

I installed the springs myself - I think it’s fun.
I’ll try to snap more Picts today, but in the mean time - here’s one of my other favorites while I installed the springs.
upload_2020-11-27_10-48-42.jpeg

The 21” Überturbines are great, the but the tires need more aspect ratio - as the wheels are proud of the tires, which look great - if you find a curb, yer screwed.

Attachments

• 22232553-A348-4B01-BBC7-CD9694949B9D.jpeg
    22232553-A348-4B01-BBC7-CD9694949B9D.jpeg
    886.2 KB · Views: 62
Agree on the 21’s and the higher likelihood to get scratched due to the profile. Hit a small pot hole this morning and it managed to get a bit of the wheel already. Ordered a set of 20’s and thinking this drop/springs will compliment the new setup.

I’ve got 1” drop springs for all my cars... not lowered necessarily - but sportier.

My 2000 VW Golf TDI sits on H&R cup kit and my 2008 Mazda5 is on MazdaSpeed3 springs.

The look is perfect IMO. The ride is a bit more firm, but I like it especially due the performance of the ModelY Performance.

When I first ordered the car, I knew it would be a matter of time till lowered it, and almost immediately I found the UP springs.... and my wife knew that was my first major mod. Of course then I blacked out all my emblems and tinted the front windows. Next will be headlights, to de-chrome the insides... and I’ve done that before as well, but I’m nervous to crack open these headlights for some reason.

I’ll try to snap more Picts today, but in the mean time - here’s one of my other favorites while I installed the springs.
View attachment 612353

The 21” Überturbines are great, the but the tires need more aspect ratio - as the wheels are proud of the tires, which look great - if you find a curb, yer screwed.
It’s magical

View attachment 612353

Is that you Harry Potter??? Or perhaps Doc Brown?

Not quite flush w/ the outside of the wheel well. Spacers would push them out a bit more - and it would look great. I don't think I'll pick up spacers tho.
m.

I see. If you don’t mind posting the front and rear shots with the lowered springs, I’d love to see how it looks. I would try to avoid spacers if possible. I had them on my 3 and it might have hurt range. Thanks