Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Model Y PUP w 1” drop springs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That looks really really nice. I was close to going this route however I decided to go for 20mm spacers instead. These damn wheels already are exposed to curbs and lowering them would only make my wheel repair bill triple.

Yes. Assuming tires aren’t directional
PZeros on the 21's are directional so therefore can't be flipped or rotated being staggered.

Camber is hardly a difference to the naked eye but im sure measurement wise, it is.

The ride is nearly the same, just a tad softer.

The looks are obvious and significant from stock.

Bottom line.. go for it.

20201123_144132 (1).jpg

Last edited:
PZeros on the 21's are directional so therefore can't be flipped or rotated being staggered.

Camber is hardly a difference to the naked eye but im sure measurement wise, it is.

Bottom line.. go for it.

View attachment 613094

Looks so much better! I test drove a Model Y Perf Stealth which had the regular suspension and it looked so awkward due to the massive wheel gap.

Looks so much better! I test drove a Model Y Perf Stealth which had the regular suspension and it looked so awkward due to the massive wheel gap.
It's such a weird thing huh? I think it's due to the low pro tires + wheel gap that makes it more odd than it needs to be.
I look at other performance CUVs, esp the SQ5 and the wheel gap on theirs is the same if not greater but doesn't look nearly as bad.

Of course you can flip directional tires! You flip them and you mount them on the other side of the car. Been doing that for years with directional staggered tires. Of course you have to pay mount and balance every time but you get more life out of them before you have to buy a whole new set.

I agree, just do it!

Bottom line.. go for it.

View attachment 613094
There was a post on different thread the camber is off by -2.2 on the Moderate springs.

The title says moderate 1” drop? UP said the moderate is 1.5” drop.

Would someone know what is the new clearance with the moderate springs drop? Debating if I want to go with mid or moderate.
Thanks.

IIRC, the MYP comes 1/2" or perhaps 1" lower than a stock Dual Motor (non-performance). So when I chose these springs, I wanted the moderate drop, which was nearly 1" from where I was with my MYP.

If I compare my current set up with the 1" drop springs from UPP to a stock dual motor MY - the look is dramatic.

GO FOR IT!!

I am an alpine ski instructor, and my 2000 VW Golf TDI has a 1" drop (the oil pans on TDI's are lower than gassers) - and so I have probably 3-4" clearance on my Golf TDI... but rarely do I ever need chains using studless snowtires.

So I'd assume the same w/ my 'lowered' MYP - probably 4-5" clearance and now I have all wheel drive! I do not consider 1" drop to be lowered... it just looks like it should have from the factory IMO.

m.

Of course you can flip directional tires! You flip them and you mount them on the other side of the car. Been doing that for years with directional staggered tires. Of course you have to pay mount and balance every time but you get more life out of them before you have to buy a whole new set.

I agree, just do it!
Not quite that easy with the Pzeros due to these factors;

A. Directional
B. Asymmetrical
C. Staggered