Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Model Y Which TPMS sensor

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have an MY which was delivered in July, 2020 (VIN 5YJYGDEE3LF020xxx) and I decided to purchase a set of new TPMS sensors online. After looking at both Tesla's parts catalog and various online sites, I became very confused as to which sensor to buy. Any thoughts on a reliable online vendor?

Tesla's parts catalog shows two sensors 1490701-00-D or -01-E and two end caps (black and silver?). Were the 2020 MYs outfitted with 433 MHz or Bluetooth sensors? Amazon has two vendors selling OEM Tesla sensors. One says that they fit a 2020 MY and the other says that they don't.

Whenever I see a thread on TPMS for model 3 or Y, I usually check @MODEL+ website for information on the years etc.

They (@MODEL+ ) sell the Tesla OEM sensors, and their website says its bluetooth for all model Ys

They also list a silver cap annd black cap one for the same price (not sure of the differences if any). Perhaps @MODEL+ could let us know if there are any differences in the silver and black cap bluetooth TPMS that they are aware of?

No idea on other online vendors, but thought I would try to answer the "is it 433 or bluetooth" question, which I am virtually positive the answer is "bluetooth".

• Love
Reactions: MODEL+
Upvote 0
Whenever I see a thread on TPMS for model 3 or Y, I usually check @MODEL+ website for information on the years etc.

They (@MODEL+ ) sell the Tesla OEM sensors, and their website says its bluetooth for all model Ys

They also list a silver cap annd black cap one for the same price (not sure of the differences if any). Perhaps @MODEL+ could let us know if there are any differences in the silver and black cap bluetooth TPMS that they are aware of?

No idea on other online vendors, but thought I would try to answer the "is it 433 or bluetooth" question, which I am virtually positive the answer is "bluetooth".
Appreciate that @jjrandorin !
Thanks. I'm heading over to that site.
Thank you!

We may not be the cheapest on the internet but we sell authentic sensors and will typically take care of any malfunctioning within a reasonable amount of time.

-Danny

Upvote 0
I have an MY which was delivered in July, 2020 (VIN 5YJYGDEE3LF020xxx) and I decided to purchase a set of new TPMS sensors online. After looking at both Tesla's parts catalog and various online sites, I became very confused as to which sensor to buy. Any thoughts on a reliable online vendor?

Tesla's parts catalog shows two sensors 1490701-00-D or -01-E and two end caps (black and silver?). Were the 2020 MYs outfitted with 433 MHz or Bluetooth sensors? Amazon has two vendors selling OEM Tesla sensors. One says that they fit a 2020 MY and the other says that they don't.
Are you replacing them as a maintenance item or did something go wrong?

Upvote 0