Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 MS Long Range Plus approximate resale value?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a close friend who suffered a stroke and can no longer drive. He wants to sell his 2020 MS Long Range Plus with less than 8k miles, FSDb, and Tesla extended warranty. The car is in like-new condition and has only been supercharged a handful of times. Manufacture date is 9/2020 and the battery shows a current range of around 398 miles down from the original 403.

I have looked around on-line a bit but cannot get a firm comparable value. Kelley Blue book says they don't have enough information to value the car, etc...
The car is located downstate in Quincy, Illinois where EV's are still rare. Car was purchased with cash and has a clear title. Here in Austin it would likely sell quickly, I'm wondering what a decent listing price might be for the central Illinois/tri-state area...?.

I have been doing a lot of shopping, and since the market has been going down with the rise of interest rates. I am seeing similar cars going for about 60k here in Southern California, including with the FSB paid. Higher mileage cars (~100K miles) you can frequently see for ~55kish. From what I can tell, FSD unfortunately doesn't have very good ROI.

It may be different in the TX market, we always have a surplus of them floating around here in CA.

p.s. Sorry to hear about your friend.

Reactions: SilverString
Tesla had a grey 2020 LR model S in their used inventory a few weeks back for $47k. Biggest difference was that it had 70k+ miles.

If interest rates rise, I’d expect demand to lower, which will have a cooling affect on prices.

I have a close friend who suffered a stroke and can no longer drive. He wants to sell his 2020 MS Long Range Plus with less than 8k miles, FSDb, and Tesla extended warranty. The car is in like-new condition and has only been supercharged a handful of times. Manufacture date is 9/2020 and the battery shows a current range of around 398 miles down from the original 403.

I have looked around on-line a bit but cannot get a firm comparable value. Kelley Blue book says they don't have enough information to value the car, etc...
The car is located downstate in Quincy, Illinois where EV's are still rare. Car was purchased with cash and has a clear title. Here in Austin it would likely sell quickly, I'm wondering what a decent listing price might be for the central Illinois/tri-state area...?.
I have been looking here in CA and I would say around 54 to 60k is what I have been seeing. I am brand new to this forum but would love to know more about the vehicle since I am in the market. Not sure how to PM if that’s even a thing on this forum. If you know how shoot me a message. Sorry to hear about your buddy.