Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 MS LR pulls to the left

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey All,

My 2020 MS LR pulls to the left while driving. Seems I may be in need of an alignment. I have swapped the wheels to T-Sportline TSS 20x9. Has anyone successfully had the SC do an alignment with aftermarket wheels? I really don’t want to swap back to my stock 19’s just for an alignment. I’m in northern LA County.

Have you ever driven with wider tires in the past? If there is rutting or grooving in the pavement it can cause it to pull one way or another. Easiest thing to do would be to put your old rims on and see if it continues and if it doesn't them its most likely your new rims and tires.

I had mine aligned at the service center after replacing my wheels with aftermarket forged 21" wheels. The tech at the shop complimented my choice of wheels - they're happy to work on any car on your dime. The car feels much more planted now and it resolved an issue with excessive caster that was causing rubbing in reverse when the wheels were turned. Be aware that I called a few performance-oriented shops to get an alignment - all of them consulted with their alignment folks and even with the manufacturer of their alignment racks (Hunter) and all said they recommend just taking it to Tesla. You have to take measurements, with a driver or similar load in the driver's seat, at several suspension height settings while dialing it in. I'm sure a cam bolt is a cam bolt and any shop _could_ do it, but I certainly wouldn't trust your neighborhood Mr. Tire or equivalent to get it right. Take it to the service center or a shop you really trust. $208 at Tesla.

Reactions: derichio02 and VikH
I had mine aligned at the service center after replacing my wheels with aftermarket forged 21" wheels. The tech at the shop complimented my choice of wheels - they're happy to work on any car on your dime. The car feels much more planted now and it resolved an issue with excessive caster that was causing rubbing in reverse when the wheels were turned. Be aware that I called a few performance-oriented shops to get an alignment - all of them consulted with their alignment folks and even with the manufacturer of their alignment racks (Hunter) and all said they recommend just taking it to Tesla. You have to take measurements, with a driver or similar load in the driver's seat, at several suspension height settings while dialing it in. I'm sure a cam bolt is a cam bolt and any shop _could_ do it, but I certainly wouldn't trust your neighborhood Mr. Tire or equivalent to get it right. Take it to the service center or a shop you really trust. $208 at Tesla.

Yep. Mine was about $200 as well at Tesla. One thing that annoys me though is they do not provide a report of what they adjusted on the alignment rack. Maybe its specific to my SC.

Reactions: serendipitous
Have you ever driven with wider tires in the past? If there is rutting or grooving in the pavement it can cause it to pull one way or another. Easiest thing to do would be to put your old rims on and see if it continues and if it doesn't them its most likely your new rims and tires.

No I haven’t this is the first set of wheels on this car except for the stock 19s. Wheels are balanced and pressure is good. Happens on street as well as freeway. Wheels and tires were brand new. Thanks for all that chimes in. Since I have air suspension I guess I’ll just try to get the SC to do it. I stored my stock sonic grey slipstreams so I really don’t want to pull this out lol. I just want to get it fixed before I wreck a tire as I’m required back in office soon which means 100 miles a day.

Model s pulling left when I lift the hand from steering wheel. Done the wheel alignment with Tesla, still the same issue. Tesla advised me to change RHS Upper arm, Sway bar, Driveshaft, wheel bearing, Knuckle. All done with £2200. But still the same issue. Went back to tesla again they investigate the vehicle and couldn't find any faults but still the vehicle pulling Left. Please help what to do now.

Model s pulling left when I lift the hand from steering wheel. Done the wheel alignment with Tesla, still the same issue. Tesla advised me to change RHS Upper arm, Sway bar, Driveshaft, wheel bearing, Knuckle. All done with £2200. But still the same issue. Went back to tesla again they investigate the vehicle and couldn't find any faults but still the vehicle pulling Left. Please help what to do now.
What year? Did you buy it new or used? Is there any accident history or undisclosed evidence of an accident? What rims and tires?