Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 MS vs 2018 P100D- which one?! 🤯

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The adaptive suspension on the 2020 is a game changer IMHO, making for a quieter, better controlled ride. Also, the 2020 interior is noticeably richer looking with the dechrome and Alcantara headliner. I assume the 2020 has much higher mileage then if they priced the same or the 2020 is a LR (not performance). If the latter, unless you race them to see the daylight between them the difference in acceleration is for bragging rights. In normal driving you will still enjoy a violent surge at low speeds, and much less difference in acceleration above 60 mph between the two. ALso the 202 has the more efficient permanent magnet motor in the front, giving significantly better range. Check the battery version on the 2020. If its a version H, definitely go for it as it has more capacity.

Reactions: r0bgj
The adaptive suspension on the 2020 is a game changer IMHO, making for a quieter, better controlled ride. Also, the 2020 interior is noticeably richer looking with the dechrome and Alcantara headliner. I assume the 2020 has much higher mileage then if they priced the same or the 2020 is a LR (not performance). If the latter, unless you race them to see the daylight between them the difference in acceleration is for bragging rights. In normal driving you will still enjoy a violent surge at low speeds, and much less difference in acceleration above 60 mph between the two. ALso the 202 has the more efficient permanent magnet motor in the front, giving significantly better range. Check the battery version on the 2020. If its a version H, definitely go for it as it has more capacity.
thanks for the tip on checking for battery version. I used to have a 2013 P85 a few years ago but the models have changed so much since then with so many variations that its been a bit hard to catch up on everything lol.

They both have similar milage.
2020= 77k miles
2018 P100D= 65k miles

I always wanted a full P100D so I was hoping that my next one would be a P100D but now that I can get both for similar prices, its a had choice lol