Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 MX - Falcon Wing Offset = Chipped Paint?

KDiZ88

Jul 15, 2020
Kalamazoo, MI
I have a 2020 MX. 4k miles. The passenger side falcon wing door is slightly proud (sticking out past the front passenger door) - I dont think this is really an issue other than the fact the leading edge of the door seems to stick out enough to receive impacts from stones / salt from the road. I noticed that there is already paint chipping. Anyone else have this? Would this be something covered under warranty? I will mention this to Tesla during the next service appointment.

(image attached). Thanks.

Attachments

• MX Falcon Wing 27-Feb-2021.jpg
    MX Falcon Wing 27-Feb-2021.jpg
    429 KB · Views: 39
  • Informative
Reactions: cwerdna

Bigriver

Mar 2, 2018
Pittsburgh, PA
Looks like the door needs some serious adjusting. Adjusting the door should absolutely be covered by warranty. I think that they should also fix the paint chips, but not as sure about that.

KDiZ88

Jul 15, 2020
Kalamazoo, MI
I'm with Bigriver. Definitely should be adjusted under warranty. Has it always been this way?

First time I noticed it, can't be sure if it was like this on day 1. The driver side falcon wing door is flush with the driver door. I will have this looked at during the next Tesla service appointment.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC