Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 SR+ if they aren't fog lights what are they?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is an orange lamp in place of the fog lamp. As far as I can tell from reflection in other cars they never come on when i'm driving. I can only make them come on when parked by turning the park lights on? What are these lamps?

IMG_20191218_140622.jpg IMG_20191218_140622.jpg IMG_20191218_145547.jpg IMG_20191217_101924.jpg

Side marker lights with the uber ugly USDM orange reflector (non US cars dont have either the amber reflector or the amber LED on the circuit board directly behind it).

Note that these are NOT in the location of either the fogs (outer edge) or the DRL LED strips (running from the reflector, out toward the fog lights).

The side marker lights are in the same location and behind the same amber reflector on all Model 3s fitted with them.

Some of us have either a. replaced the amber with a clear reflector b. painted over the reflector c. removed the reflector (exposing the dark PCB and both LED chips behind it).

Search this and the other forum if interested.

Side marker lights with the uber ugly USDM orange reflector (non US cars dont have either the amber reflector or the amber LED on the circuit board directly behind it).

Note that these are NOT in the location of either the fogs (outer edge) or the DRL LED strips (running from the reflector, out toward the fog lights).

The side marker lights are in the same location and behind the same amber reflector on all Model 3s fitted with them.

Some of us have either a. replaced the amber with a clear reflector b. painted over the reflector c. removed the reflector (exposing the dark PCB and both LED chips behind it).

Search this and the other forum if interested.

Thanks for all this info!

Do the orange lights come on and stay on with the headlights?