Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

18TM3LR Missing small circular piece underneath fog lamp. Is it a USS parking sensor?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hit a branch on the road and my park assist feature got disabled. Upon checking, I noticed a small circular piece on the lower right side of the bumper is missing. I have of course been googling (and youtubing), and looking at schematics trying to find what this piece is called so I can order a replacement. But so far I have only come accross the USS parking sensor.

From most sites and videos, the parking sensors are only shown to be the 2 middle ones close to the tag. The missing pice on mine is underneath the fog lamp. Can anyone help me identify this please? Thank you.
IMG_1496.jpeg

Yes that is your parking sensor that has likely fallen in (mine did as well).

I removed my frunk and reached in there and ended up using gorilla glue to put it back in. It is kind of a pain to do, but can be done. If you plan on doing it yourself (and not having Tesla do it), I suggest you use a mixture of hot glue and some silicone (hot glue to hold it temporarily while the silicone dries).

This is the video I used to help me get it done.

Thank you AS9.9., for confirming that it is also a parking sensor.
I did actually watch that video plus a couple others before I asked here. Those videos only showed repairs on the middle parking sensors, and I could not find references to the front-side part like I showed in my picture.