Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021.36 Audio not working correctly

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got 36.5.5 last night. No fix.
I should note: M3LR. Left car on charger at Airport parking lot since last Wednesday night. Upon returning last night- bad audio. Reboots did not work, but got 36.5.5 when I got into Wi-Fi range at home. Tested this morning (with Sentry Mode both on and off) and rebooted several times, no good…

• Informative
Reactions: Transformer
My 2 week old MYLR now has this issue. got in the car this morning and radio plays from one speaker.
how do I get software update. car says it's current. how long do you have to wait until first update is pushed?
also, is it easier to call Tesla support or just open a service ticket. I think this would be a easy fix by just pushing the current software.

thank you

My 2 week old MYLR now has this issue. got in the car this morning and radio plays from one speaker.
how do I get software update. car says it's current. how long do you have to wait until first update is pushed?
also, is it easier to call Tesla support or just open a service ticket. I think this would be a easy fix by just pushing the current software.

thank you

Try opening a service ticket. (Phone or email don't work.)
Or log in to their website and try chat support Tesla SSO - Sign In

I think you need 2021.36.8 to fix the bug, but I'm not sure about that.

Reactions: Snowball316
In case this helps, I had the same speaker issue where the only tiny sound in my two-weeks old MYLR would come from the front speakers. This occurs on random starts every other day or so. All other speakers are dead unless the car is reset via the steering wheel buttons.

I mad a service appointment with Tesla and the service person checked my car yesterday for a couple of issues (speakers and camera calibration stuck at 99% and not fully completing). He told me that this speaker malfunctioning problem is known issue with Tesla and it has to do with all the different chips used with different Teslas within the same model y series etc. The problem occurs as some of the chips used are not quite in sync with the software, and the only fix is for tesla to resolve these bugs via software updates. So need to wait and hope that the following future upgrades will address this bug soon.

Same problem here. I’ve had to do three two-button resets in 24 hours. It’s a brand new Model Y LR. Looking for answers. Also, the Tesla logo never shows up on my screen. It stays blank for maybe five minutes or more, then comes back on.

This has been plaguing me since I accepted delivery. I've tried all variances, bluetooth only, USB stick with music, spotify, etc. The 2 thumb reset always fixes it. BUT, going on 2 weeks now (still haven't had a software update since I got the car, service appt. in a couple of weeks), if you leave Immersive sound OFF, this doesn't happen. I tried the AUTO setting as well, but it glitched right away. I believe immersive sound is really only meant for watching Video. So fingers crossed, leaving immersive sound off is working for me, as this would happen almost immediately on the next trip in the car after a reset.

I am running 35.102.2 and have the same issues. Glad I found this thread. Was able to get my system sounding like my older MYLR which had a later firmware version. Stuck on 35.102.2 for a while as is the custom with new Tesla's.
I'm on 2021.35.102 and same situation, stuck because it's a newly delivered car :( I opened a service request to see if they can push a fix sooner but I don't have high hopes.