Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 Sub and door speakers cutting in and out

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just bought a used Model 3 2018. Just recently all my speakers besides the dash speakers would cut out intermittently. It is more common on high Sub/Bass setting and at higher volume. But if i left all volume setting at 0 and played at a medium or low volume they would work fine.

Seems as all the door speakers and sub will cut out for a few second and come back on, in and out consistently at higher volume settings. I have no clicking or any noises coming from the speakers, they just cut in and out.

I had a mobile tech come out and he replaced the amplifier in the back and it did not solve the problem so he put my old amplifier back in and did not charge me.

After he put my original amplifier back in, I now have no sounds at all coming from my sub or door speakers. Only the dash speakers work.

I had an appointment yesterday with a service center and they are telling me that i have to replace the computer to fix this problem, but i had just read a thread on here of someone who had the same problem and who had their computer replaced by Tesla service and it did not solve the problem.

I do not have the warranty so I am not going to approve the computer replacement right now after reading that someone else had it done with no fix. It almost feels as though that they dont really know what the problem is because honestly it doesnt make sense to me that they would have to replace the computer when the speakers were semi-working before the mobile tech messed with it.

I do not know what to do to fix the problem since now the sub and door speakers dont work at all since tesla tried to replace the amplifier.

If anyone has anymore information on this, please let me know. I really dont want to replace the computer if i dont have to.

Are you using sentry mode? Try disabling it and rebooting the car. No clue why or if it’s a coincidence, but seemed to work for me. Sentry mode isn’t really necessary for me because I park in a safe location.
I just tried this, did not work.

the speakers were working before mobile tech came out; they just cut in and out. Now they dont work at all since they touched it.

i asked for the car back in the condition it was in before they worked on it and they cant do this. I escalated the complaint to the management of the service department and they still will not help me saying that my speakers were on the way out and it was completely coincidental that they happened to go out right after they worked on it. I find this hard to believe since my microphone isnt working anymore either.

I asked to further escalate the complaint to above the management at the service center and they told me that they would not escalate my complaint.

feels like there is nothing else i can do because for some reason they get to chose what gets escalated and not the customer? Makes not sense.

I have no idea what to now, i want my car back to where it was when they touched it. And they are basically telling me to pound sand.

Upvote 0
had a similar issue. this is what they did. i think they dented my fender in the process, so it made another issue.

Correction: Diagnosis: Low Voltage Circuit Integrity Check

Correction: Amplifier - Audio - External (Remove & Replace) - Remove and Replace

Parts Replaced or Added

Part AUDIO,AMPLIFIER,EXTERNAL(107974800-F)

Quantity 1.00

Correction: Overhead Console - Front (Remove & Replace) - Remove and Replace

Upvote 0
had a similar issue. this is what they did. i think they dented my fender in the process, so it made another issue.

Correction: Diagnosis: Low Voltage Circuit Integrity Check

Correction: Amplifier - Audio - External (Remove & Replace) - Remove and Replace

Parts Replaced or Added

Part AUDIO,AMPLIFIER,EXTERNAL(107974800-F)

Quantity 1.00

Correction: Overhead Console - Front (Remove & Replace) - Remove and Replace
The did the replacement of the rear amp and the overhead console which did not fix it, so they replaced my computer which seemed to have fixed it.

Ive had it back fixed for a week and I am now experiencing audio loss from the rear amp again, but this time it is only for a split second and it has only happened twice.

Upvote 0