Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021.36.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It hasn’t even been rolled out at all to yokers that have the base FSD package! Zero FSD yokers have the 2921.36 yoke improvements update! Zero.
Yeah, completely agree. I think that's probably the craziest part to me. There's an argument to be made that having the turn signals auto turn off (and not have short/long press anymore) is safer - less concentrating on turn signals and more on the road. At least, that's what it did for me.

Reactions: jebinc
Many of them are likely like me - I have 2021.36.5 but don't have FSD. What @jebinc is saying is that those with FSD (especially those in the beta) don't have 2021.36.x
@Spyderman09 You don’t need to be on beta to have not received it. The only requirement to get screwed, is having a car with regular FSD at the time 2021.32.22 came out. Those cars got the button and were forever forgotten re the yoke improvement updates.

@Spyderman09 Ypu don’t need to be on beta to have not received it. The only requirement to get screwed, is having a car with regular FSD at the time 2021.32.22 came out. Those cars got the button and were forever forgotten re the yoke improvement updates.
Right, which is what I said. Also that if you are in the FSD beta, you're especially not going to get 36.x

Reactions: jebinc
At some point there are going to be go many more models and so many odd models it’s not going to be efficient to have one (or a coupe) firmware versions for each and every car in perpetuity.
You mean like having an iPhone 10, 11, SE, 12, 13 (pro and pro max), iPad Mini, iPad, iPad Air, iPad Pro, etc all running the same version iOS? Yea, strange concept, could never work :D

You mean like having an iPhone 10, 11, SE, 12, 13 (pro and pro max), iPad Mini, iPad, iPad Air, iPad Pro, etc all running the same version iOS? Yea, strange concept, could never work :D

Except Tesla is still (kinda) updating those first cars from nearly a decade ago, provided the features are functional with the hardware those original cars have.

Apple on the other hand uses planned obsolescence and does not push new features (or full firmware - for obvious reasons) down to those original phones (or even several years) which are still functionally capable of supporting some of the current software features.

Last edited:
Reactions: MorrisonHiker
I wish they would just do what iOS does. Release same version OS for all vehicles with specific changes per vehicle. Instead of having all of these version numbers that who knows go to what vehicle lol. Like if a Model Y is on the latest firmware and it's 10.5 then Model S on latest firmware would be on 10.5, regardless of their car specific features. Betas would be on their own... 10.6 beta or whatever
Actually, if you were to look at the build number of iOS releases, you would note that they are not all the same. That is because they need to accommodate all different sizes of iPhone, iPad, etc, as well as the generations.

I have always felt that Tesla seems to follow the Apple model in so many ways. Just my 2¢

Reactions: cwanja
Except Tesla is still (kinda) updating those first cars from nearly a decade ago, provided the features are functional with the hardware those original cars have.

Apple on the other hand uses planned obsolescence and does not push new features (or full firmware - for obvious reasons) down to those original phones (or even several years) which are still functionally capable of supporting some of the current software features.
You mean to tell me old Teslas aren't running 2020.x.x? The point is that a specific version number could have vehicle specific features built in with just carrying a same version number to make it easier to keep up with version #s

A question about the 2021.36 yoke improvements, since I'm apparently stuck with 2021.32.22 for an indeterminate time - is the responsiveness of the physical scroll wheels any better? On my 2018 S every detent of the scroll wheel registered with whatever function was active on it, but on the yoke it seems to usually take 2-3 detents of the wheel before it registers, like they're sampled very slowly, or excessively debounced.

A question about the 2021.36 yoke improvements, since I'm apparently stuck with 2021.32.22 for an indeterminate time - is the responsiveness of the physical scroll wheels any better? On my 2018 S every detent of the scroll wheel registered with whatever function was active on it, but on the yoke it seems to usually take 2-3 detents of the wheel before it registers, like they're sampled very slowly, or excessively debounced.
They definitely lag, especially the wiper speed selection; almost as if an Intel 8086 processor (with no 8087 math coprocessor) Is doing the work, instead of the advertised 10 teraflops computer that can play Witcher (in Elon’s personal car only).

Even as an EV newbie, I've noticed the lag on the scroll wheels. No update in that area with 2021.36.

For anyone interested, I just got back from the Service visit regarding the infotainment system going to 💩. In my case, I have observed that this seems to happen more if I had the vehicle on a charge cycle. My SoC is 80% regularly, but I recently decided to run it down to 50% before charging. I did not have to reset the screen this morning.

The official statement from the service person is that this is a firmware issue and the engineering folks are now aware of this. they hope to resolve this by the next update.

Last edited:
I just got 2021.36.5 last night on mine, the only thing in the release notes this morning was Mobile App Improvements

1634568197937.png