Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just tap the map and the heading icon will appear, and you can switch to the mode you prefer.
But I wonder why it is being hidden in the first place. It was driving me crazy on the road a couple of days ago, and I didn't understand why the Navigate and map orientation buttons kept getting covered - sometimes visible, sometimes not. I guess it must have been the Autopilot engagement but I couldn't figure it out at the time. This kind of subtlety is not user-friendly, even for an experienced Tesla driver.

Reactions: DonaldBecker
I installed 2021.44.30.8 yesterday and used Autopilot for the first time in a couple of weeks. Tesla moved the North-up/Heading-up from the right side of the screen on my 2016 S90D to the left side. The problem with doing this is when you turn on Autopilot, the North-up/Heading-up button on the screen is hidden by the different turns that the car needs to make.

I always use Heading-up so that the arrow is always pointing up instead of N/S/E/W. With the North-up/Heading-up button being hidden, Auto-pilot likes to default to North-up and with the button hidden, you cannot change it. I believe that this change happened prior to 2021-44-30.8.
Have not downloaded this on my 2016 Model X, is this the messed up UI.

But I wonder why it is being hidden in the first place. It was driving me crazy on the road a couple of days ago, and I didn't understand why the Navigate and map orientation buttons kept getting covered - sometimes visible, sometimes not. I guess it must have been the Autopilot engagement but I couldn't figure it out at the time. This kind of subtlety is not user-friendly, even for an experienced Tesla driver.
I tried again today and it looks like there's no connection to Autopilot engagement. The view just changes shortly after a destination is entered. If you tap the map, the Navigate and orientation buttons are exposed, but only for a short time - the navigation directions then cover them up again. I can see no reason whatsoever to do this, and leaving the buttons visible all the time is certainly preferable for me.

…what of the other UI nightmares of the holiday release?

1. No dash cam icon
2. No one touch seat heat
3. Browser window reduced to 1/3
4 Lots of dead space on the icon bar

Have these been remediated?

Thoughts?