Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 And The Rise of Oil - What Should Tesla Do?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2020 oil took a beating like most everything else. As the economy recovers, oil prices will increase, which in the short run has been headline news for the pain at the pump.

Assuming this comes back in 2021, how is Tesla positioning itself with the Model 3 as an alternative? My cousin's M3 lease doesn't let him buy it out, rather Tesla will use it for their AV fleet (I have an MX).

Question: As a company, should Tesla increase range, reduce price of the M3, or let lease owners buy out the vehicles?

Any other alternatives?

Leasing always sucks because you have to satisfy the greed of a manufacturer, dealer, lender, and tax.
The rule is to never go into a car lease without planning to abuse the car and then return it promptly at lease end.
If you ever buy your leased car the residual value will be high (the better the lease, the higher the RV) and in addition
to forking that out, US will charge you tax again.

So for me the 6MT-AWD Golf R and TurboX were extremely fun because I drove them aggressively and knew that they
will not be my problem later. OMFG, the roaring of the Turbo X, and amazing fuel economy , I so xxxxing hate GM for
killing SAAB!
Where my Carrera 4S 7MT at, what, defunded, blue? LMFAO

Last edited: