Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Center Console Retrofit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a feeling it’s not you - it’s a software issue. I have the tparts one and it does not work either. Let me know how the tparts one goes
It's definitely a software issue I have a T parts USB hub as well.
With a known good Samsung T7 SSD drive,
And it is stupid annoying.
When you reboot the car it's totally fine but once the car deep sleeps it breaks it.
You reboot it USB works perfectly fine car sleeps get back in the car turn it on it's broken again...
It's got to be something with the car going to sleep and then the power data not hitting the SSD in time or something just never waking up the USB port..
Really wish they would get this dumb thing fixed It worked maybe five updates ago, And then just one update it started doing this dumb *sugar*

For the wirelessPhoneChargerType config. From the time I put my phone on the wireless charging pad, it was slower than before I changed the configuration. I mean, I used to just put my phone on and it would charge immediately. Now it only charges when it detects a phone, which takes some time. I checked car with console2.0 cars and they all set it to 1

I haven't had any USB issues on my 2018 M3 (Intel Atom MCU) until this week, after installing update V12 (2024.14.9). That was with updates thru 2024.14.5 (FSD Supervised v12.3.6), The Dashcam and Sentry Mode are now both flakey. Sometimes car wakes up with a red "X", other times wakes up with a red "dot". There are other V12 update issues with this latest update that are unrelated to USB and which are likely problems related to the Intel Atom MCU, but not sure if that is really the case.

Reactions: davidalindsey
I haven't had any USB issues on my 2018 M3 (Intel Atom MCU) until this week, after installing update V12 (2024.14.9). That was with updates thru 2024.14.5 (FSD Supervised v12.3.6), The Dashcam and Sentry Mode are now both flakey. Sometimes car wakes up with a red "X", other times wakes up with a red "dot". There are other V12 update issues with this latest update that are unrelated to USB and which are likely problems related to the Intel Atom MCU, but not sure if that is really the case.
Same exact case over here
It's stupid annoying