Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Model 3 Parts status

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
on 3/13/2021 I was hit by an uninsured Honda and body shop submitted an order for new door on 3/26/2021 after insurance procedure.

Does anyone know the current delivery time on Driver side rear door? Body shop told me it will take a week but when I received part order status from Tesla through email, it did not mentioned anything about estimated delivery.

I driving loaner from insurance company but definitely want my car back asap.

IMG_0924.JPG

Can you get the car back and take it in when the parts come in? Damage doesn't look too awful
That was my initial plan actually but insurance company issued me initial estimate within 24 hours and Body shop told me I can drop the car right away. I was under the assumption that she has what it needs to fix the car but when she said I ordered the door last Friday, that was my light bulb moment. Insurance company told me I can have the loaner as long as it takes to car back but was just wondering on delivery status. If delivery time is more than a week, I might just drive it until they are delivered.

Good luck. Mine has been in the Tesla Body shop for 26 days, after they said it was a 9 day repair. This was in addition to waiting 3 weeks after scheduling the drop off date. So I'm now currently over 2 months since the guy hit me, and Tesla doesn't even have a date of when it will be done.

Good luck. Mine has been in the Tesla Body shop for 26 days, after they said it was a 9 day repair. This was in addition to waiting 3 weeks after scheduling the drop off date. So I'm now currently over 2 months since the guy hit me, and Tesla doesn't even have a date of when it will be done.
That sounds awful. Well, might as well get the car back and drop off again when parts arrive. not sure why body shop told me it is 7 days delivery timeframe.

The door arrived today. It took 3 days for parts to deliver

Reactions: Sam1