Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Model 3 Vibrating in park

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 2019 just started doing this. It feels like 2-3 little earthquakes shaking the car from under the driver seat every few minutes. I sit in my car with the A/C on a lot running a pop-up drive-in and today was 100 degrees + so I bet it is the compressor. Just the first time I’ve ever felt it or whatever it is.

Update: I've had my car about 4 months. The weather has changed from cold (needing heat in the car), to hot (needing cooling in the car). The deep bass rumbling sound stopped at some point. Have not heard it for a couple of months. Beats me! The only change that I know of is that it got MUCH hotter outside.

LOL. Well not in April/May when I was noticing the vibrating.

Tim

I'm in FL and noticed it in April. It was by no means cold but what happens is even if it is slightly cool overnight and is warm when you enter the car, the interior could still be a couple degrees below the set point. That happened to me several times where it was probably 75-78F in the garage and I had my HVAC set to 72... and the car would demand heat for maybe 30 seconds or so when I first got in. Once I backed out and started moving, it'd switch to AC. It was during the time it commanded heat that I felt the vibration although on my car, it was subtle enough that it didn't feel like too much of a problem.

Mike

• Informative
Reactions: TBrownTX