Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vibration when blasting the AC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been driving my 2019 Model 3 for over 4 years now. Recently I have started experiencing unusually loud vibration when turning on the AC in hot weather. Let's say it's 90 degrees when I get in the car. I turn on the AC at 68 degrees. AC starts blasting and I can feel the car vibrating. I think it's a combination of vibrating feel and sound. Then, when the cabin is cooling down and AC eases down, the vibration would go away. Is anyone else experiencing this? I am unfortunately out of basic vehicle warranty (only have battery and drive unit limited warranties left) so wanted to ask here if this is something I need get fixed. On a side note, could this issue be covered under drive unit warranty? Probably not right? Anyways, if anyone has any idea what I could/should do, please kindly advise. Thank you.

Reactions: beachmiles
Yes, I've got a 2020 M3P and recently brought it to a SC cause i heard a "rattling" when the AC was under load. SC found a "loose" label which caused the "rattling" noise. When i asked about the loud vibrating noise, he said that's normal AC operation under load.

Note though, the "vibrating" noise is just that on mine, more the sound of vibrations. There's nothing actually vibrating in/on the car itself from what i can tell.

Yes, I've got a 2020 M3P and recently brought it to a SC cause i heard a "rattling" when the AC was under load. SC found a "loose" label which caused the "rattling" noise. When i asked about the loud vibrating noise, he said that's normal AC operation under load.

Note though, the "vibrating" noise is just that on mine, more the sound of vibrations. There's nothing actually vibrating in/on the car itself from what i can tell.
Thanks for your response. I'm not sure if we have same issues but sounds very close. I can easily replicate the vibration whenever I get the AC to blast. But then again, vibration goes away just as soon as AC eases down when desired temperature is reached.. If this is a normal behavior as per SC, I guess I can live with that.. But I'm still wondering if anyone actually had this fixed by the SC..