Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had to have my glovebox replaced too. Dash cam never worked and they replaced it.

I also never knew that extra storage behind the tail light had a cover. I’ll send service a note before my next appointment. Although I don’t see my trunk that often. 8 staff bags, 4 stand bags, 4 Trackmans, 1 FlightScope, 1 20’x20’ stand tent and a 6’ table.

Impressive though the driving characteristics don’t really change with the load.

Can’t wait for the CT.

Nahh, the MS is the best car ever. In your case, the best golf cart too...

In 4 days I will go in for my very first service visit since delivery ~2 weeks ago, after I made my initial list of issues.

It’s sad that I was almost laughed at in the local FB forum last night when I mentioned the list is ~50 long. Nothing I found was new to this thread, or wasn’t thoroughly researched in some other threads here on TMC, and roughly 1/2 of them have functional implications.

One respected local detailing shop owner told me to tone down expectation, that 20 year old accords have better fit and finishes… And on top of that the Austin Service Center has frequently turned down warranty repairs simply due to cosmetic mods. As an example, if the caliper is painted, they won’t even look at it if you ever experience noise down in your suspension.

There clearly are Service Centers that are responsive and I guess Austin Service Center, even being the HQ location for Tesla, isn’t one of them. Sad.

Good luck to me. Will report back what they do/won’t do.

In 4 days I will go in for my very first service visit since delivery ~2 weeks ago, after I made my initial list of issues.

It’s sad that I was almost laughed at in the local FB forum last night when I mentioned the list is ~50 long. Nothing I found was new to this thread, or wasn’t thoroughly researched in some other threads here on TMC, and roughly 1/2 of them have functional implications.

One respected local detailing shop owner told me to tone down expectation, that 20 year old accords have better fit and finishes… And on top of that the Austin Service Center has frequently turned down warranty repairs simply due to cosmetic mods. As an example, if the caliper is painted, they won’t even look at it if you ever experience noise down in your suspension.

There clearly are Service Centers that are responsive and I guess Austin Service Center, even being the HQ location for Tesla, isn’t one of them. Sad.

Good luck to me. Will report back what they do/won’t do.
At "~50 items" you are probably looking at a quarter of them being kicked back as "within spec".

At "~50 items" you are probably looking at a quarter of them being kicked back as "within spec".

5A175FBA-C992-4705-B3BE-EB31F8E79D76.jpeg

Does anyone have squeaking from their windows when it closes the last 1" after the door is closed? I think there's something on my door seal that makes it squeak. I haven't been able to clean it off. I'm thinking of adding a tiny bit of silicone spray, but I'm not sure if it is compatible with the seals. I also have some this stuff, which thinking more, is probably the right thing to try first:

Reactions: hotsoup and jebinc
Does anyone have squeaking from their windows when it closes the last 1" after the door is closed? I think there's something on my door seal that makes it squeak. I haven't been able to clean it off. I'm thinking of adding a tiny bit of silicone spray, but I'm not sure if it is compatible with the seals. I also have some this stuff, which thinking more, is probably the right thing to try first:
Try some detailing spray first. Avoid silicone. Stopped my shuddering sunroof.