Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anybody else have the issue when you move apps into place on your icon tray closest to driver, it reverts back to last apps used instead of your favorites? I thought that was the whole point of the "favorites" tray. I have no use for the telephone icon there and it keeps coming back everytime I get a call.

There is no "delivery inspection fee" charged by Tesla. Are you talking about some dealer for a non-Tesla?
????? look at your bill

1629557838828.png

Imagine paying someone 1k just to have to go and find all of these problems yourself. Its comedy.

Last edited:
Reactions: impastu and Tigers
Scheduled appointment for misaligned trunk. Anyone get this resolved at SC?

Attachments

• 1A91B03F-4CD3-4163-9EC6-5ADF00C8472E.jpeg
    1A91B03F-4CD3-4163-9EC6-5ADF00C8472E.jpeg
    362.8 KB · Views: 86
  • E22FC44E-A3AC-453C-9F44-6B51244EF6A7.jpeg
    E22FC44E-A3AC-453C-9F44-6B51244EF6A7.jpeg
    275.8 KB · Views: 74
  • FDD66A63-56C9-460D-87BA-3304F6460D03.jpeg
    FDD66A63-56C9-460D-87BA-3304F6460D03.jpeg
    302.4 KB · Views: 81
  • 5427C397-07B1-49BD-9BBE-D81AB967B3EC.jpeg
    5427C397-07B1-49BD-9BBE-D81AB967B3EC.jpeg
    310.1 KB · Views: 82
Reactions: impastu
I am always cautious about having dealers fix minor issues (with any manufacturer). I have had multiple service experiences where they cause more problems than they fix. The most common is that they scratch things up (paint, wheels, trim, console, etc.), because they are never careful when they work on customer cars. Most recently, I had them fix a "restraint system fault", which they basically took the yoke/airbag apart, checked all the parts, without finding any problems, put everything back together, and the error message resolved. However, when I get the car back, now I get a rubbing sound when the yoke is turned past 180 degrees. (And they also caused a small scratch on the trim that I am not going to bother having them fix, as they will likely just cause more problems)

Now car is back in service, and they are telling me that there is a "defect" in the clock spring (which is one of the parts they "checked" during the last service). So car is now sitting there waiting for parts again.

Therefore, I always recommend taking detailed photos of your car's condition both before and after service just in case.

The good thing is that Tesla service is usually pretty good about fixing the problems they cause. It's just annoying because it is time without your car, multiple trips, and potential for causing even more problems.

Last edited:
Stay on them if they don't fix it the first...or second time. We had issue with our 2021 MX and Tesla SC sent it out to their 3rd party body shop, who was great. They let me come down and see that the factory sealed the glass down on the hatch prior to torquing down the hatch hinge bolts. They had to remove the glass to get to the hinges and get the alignment issue sorted fully.

Also had a large gap - misaligned such that trunk would not close at times. My SC immediately sent it to 3rd party body shop (with excellent reviews) who did an excellent job. Took two weeks from drop off to pick up as they needed new lift gate assembly parts. (I feel lucky the parts came in pretty quickly - body shop stated they were waiting ~50d for stuff on order for a Model X there...)

Are the Model S door handles supposed to first come out, but not quite all the way, like 95%+ of the way where about half of the light is showing, and then when you go to open the door by hand, it pulls out the remainder, exposing the light underneath fully?

I've read some posts about some people having an issue with one door, but all my doors seem to be like this, so I'm thinking it must be designated that way? Either that or just poor alignment on all my door handles, lol.

Thanks for the info!

Looks like our Destination Fee here in the States, which is charged for every new car sold regardless of manufacturer, and has nothing to do with them charging you to "inspect" your car.
It kinda does as part of the "destination" charge is a final inspection to deal with any issues or damage that may have occurred during transport to the destination

Are the Model S door handles supposed to first come out, but not quite all the way, like 95%+ of the way where about half of the light is showing, and then when you go to open the door by hand, it pulls out the remainder, exposing the light underneath fully?

I've read some posts about some people having an issue with one door, but all my doors seem to be like this, so I'm thinking it must be designated that way? Either that or just poor alignment on all my door handles, lol.

Thanks for the info!
All my handles extend so the back is just sly of flush when they extend, then flush when you pull the handle. In the extended postision, the LED just clears the surface of the door.