Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Odd thing I noticed this morning with the phone key. My S needs to be the current car in the phone app for the phone key to work. If my X is the current car, my S will not unlock--I have to open up the app, make my S current and then it unlocks right away. This is my first Tesla that uses a phone key, so not sure if this is expected behavior or not.
I have Model 3 and a Plaid, same thing.

Odd thing I noticed this morning with the phone key. My S needs to be the current car in the phone app for the phone key to work. If my X is the current car, my S will not unlock--I have to open up the app, make my S current and then it unlocks right away. This is my first Tesla that uses a phone key, so not sure if this is expected behavior or not.

I read this somewhere on the Tesla site videos this was the case. 'Course I can't test it as I don't have the MS yet :(

Reactions: Zaker89
Did any of you that took delivery in California about a month ago receive their license plates and pink slip? I’m just a little worried something went wrong with my DMV paperwork. In the past, I have usually received my license plates in less than a month for my previous cars.

Did any of you that took delivery in California about a month ago receive their license plates and pink slip? I’m just a little worried something went wrong with my DMV paperwork. In the past, I have usually received my license plates in less than a month for my previous cars.
It took about 50 days for my plate with previous model Y

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris++ and cwanja
Ive had my new LR for two days and heres is my list of issues

-when I try to open up the owners manual the screen locks up
- I cant get my iphone to show its messages on the screen
- occasionally when streaming music the song skips (probably just cell reception)
-when i pull into my garage the charging door wont open with pushing the button on charger unless either I manually open it with app or I lock the doors? (Im probably doing something wrong here)
- on freeway with auto pilot on the auto lane change doesn’t work when I turn on turn signal
- the level of volume on a phone call is way lower than the level playing music so I listen to music at 4 then phone conversation at level 7?
- does the included USB stick need to be formatted to use it for record?

anyone else?
Add: - The clock won’t automatically change time zones & none of the previous solutions work to manually force an update.
- Plaid: there’s a mild vibration between 35-45 mph with normal traffic flow acceleration.
- All the hype about the yoke providing more visibility is wrong: The round steering wheel never covered any of the instrument cluster or the road for me, and the yoke covers more of the lower left corner of the landscape display than the round one did with the portrait display.
- Having to touch a pop up window in the lower center part of the touch screen to hear, reply to/reject and send a text message, defeats the purpose of having hands-on controls. Why not put the message on the instrument cluster like it did in my Model X RR?
- Missed the fact that it has no SiriusXM when doing my buy research.
- it’s hard to avoid flashing a turn signal when skipping to the next song with the left scroll wheel.
- Use of colors on the Controls page would make finding the button one wants quicker.
- If Park is at the top of the drive mode strip, why is not Neutral on the bottom, rather than on the Control page somewhere?
- Answer: My lane changing with autopilot on works fine with the turn signal.
- Answer:The provide USB flash drive worked without my formatting it.
- I plan to stick a raised right angle on the lower left corner of the touch screen so I can get to the Control page without fumbling for it or looking. The portrait touch screen had it right—no border on the display and a physical indication of where the button was located.
- This sounds like a lot of complaints, but there’s much more I like about Model S 2.0 than I don’t.

Add: - The clock won’t automatically change time zones & none of the previous solutions work to manually force an update.
- Plaid: there’s a mild vibration between 35-45 mph with normal traffic flow acceleration.
- All the hype about the yoke providing more visibility is wrong: The round steering wheel never covered any of the instrument cluster or the road for me, and the yoke covers more of the lower left corner of the landscape display than the round one did with the portrait display.
- Having to touch a pop up window in the lower center part of the touch screen to hear, reply to/reject and send a text message, defeats the purpose of having hands-on controls. Why not put the message on the instrument cluster like it did in my Model X RR?
- Missed the fact that it has no SiriusXM when doing my buy research.
- it’s hard to avoid flashing a turn signal when skipping to the next song with the left scroll wheel.
- Use of colors on the Controls page would make finding the button one wants quicker.
- If Park is at the top of the drive mode strip, why is not Neutral on the bottom, rather than on the Control page somewhere?
- Answer: My lane changing with autopilot on works fine with the turn signal.
- Answer:The provide USB flash drive worked without my formatting it.
- I plan to stick a raised right angle on the lower left corner of the touch screen so I can get to the Control page without fumbling for it or looking. The portrait touch screen had it right—no border on the display and a physical indication of where the button was located.
- This sounds like a lot of complaints, but there’s much more I like about Model S 2.0 than I don’t.
If you swipe left from the edge of the screen, it brings up the controls menu.

Look at the icon more closely...You can tap the microphone on the yoke to play, respond and send a text. No touching of the screen needed. (I did the same thing at first until I looked at the icon telling me to press the button on yoke)

appreciate all the tips and updates from you guys while all us 19" LR people are in the interminable queue line

A40B0F58-2D41-4D31-A90F-4619100DF48D.jpeg

That seems like suboptimal design

Supposedly, that will change with the upcoming app update. Phone as key should always work, no matter which car is selected.

Reactions: Dayreg and cwanja
That has been normal. I think I remember that somebody raised that with Elon who agreed it should be changed. I don't recall any of the specifics.

Reactions: omarsultan